London, UK (PRWEB) January 19, 2009
The online Specialist Newsletter Telepresence and Videoconferencing Insight has announced its Editor's Choice Awards for Achievements in the Year 2008 at http://www.vcinsight.com. To qualify for an Award, a Telepresence or videoconferencing system must have been launched or substantially improved in calendar 2008.The Editor takes the side of the user and looks for innovation, reliability, ease of use and price-performance.
"The Telepresence industry experienced a boom in demand in 2008 and manufacturers responded with new innovative Telepresence products and managed services for customers. The industry has made Telepresence meetings a real alternative to travel. Virtual meetings are easy to schedule and set up, and they give participants an immersive, natural visual and audio experience as if they were meeting in the same room," said Richard Line, Editor of Telepresence and Videoconferencing Insight. http://www.vcinsight.com
"Telepresence facilitates collaboration between teams and participants located at multiple sites. More and more companies are using Telepresence to raise productivity, save travel costs, and contribute to corporate goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions."
Achievement Awards for the Best Telepresence Solutions of the Year 2008 published in the 12 January 2009 issue are to be found at http://www.vcinsight.com/HomeNews. They are:
1. The Cisco TelePresence 3200 - The Telepresence Meeting solution for up to 18 persons
2. The Cisco TelePresence 500 - The Personal Telepresence Meeting solution
3. The DVE Huddle 70 Telepresence System - a single screen system for groups
4. The HP Halo Collaboration Center for executives or small groups
5. The LifeSize® Conference 200™ - a 1080pTelepresence custom-build solution kit
6. The Polycom® RealPresence™ Experience High Definition (RPX™ HD) 400 Series
7. Polycom® Telepresence Experience™ High Definition - TPX™ 204M with two screens
8. Sony Telepresence PCS-XG80 HD codec combined with Teleportel's near-3D display
9. TANDBERG T1 Personal Telepresence system with a single 65-inch LCD display
10. TANDBERG T3 Telepresence solution - a furnished suite with three large screens
11. Teliris Custom Telepresence solution with Teliris InterACT TouchTable
12. Teliris Express Telepresence with two or three screens
In his review of Telepresence in the Year 2008, The Editor detected five major trends in the industry in 2008 as competition spurred on both innovation and imitation in new products: (1) the offer of 1080p Full HD video quality as well as 720p HD video; (2) this was encouraged by the availability of less expensive, large LCD flat screens capable of 1080p Full HD video resolution; (3) vendors offered single screen and two-screen Telepresence solutions for offices and small rooms as well as Telepresence suites with three or four large flat screens; (4) more and more Telepresence solutions were packaged with a fully managed service and telecom link; (5) some clever optics took Telepresence close to 3D-Telepresence for two vendors: DVE and Teleportel.
Telepresence and Videoconferencing Insight Newsletter announced its Editor's Choice Awards for Corporate Achievements in 2008 at http://www.vcinsight.com/HomeNews. The Awards announced on 5 January 2009 are:
1. Videoconferencing Company of the Year 2008 - Polycom
2. Telepresence Company of the Year 2008 - Cisco TelePresence
3. Video-enabled Unified Communications Company of the Year 2008 - RADVISION
4. Most Innovative Videoconferencing Product of the Year 2008 - Aethra Electra Roll-about, High Definition Videoconferencing System
5. Industry Leader of the Year 2008 - Fredrik Halvorsen, CEO of TANDBERG since December 2005
The Editor expects the Telepresence and Videoconferencing industry to continue to grow sales in 2009. The industry now has an attractive range of products available to customers - the best range in its 20-year history. The technology supports team collaboration, higher productivity, speedier decision-making, savings on travel and CO2 emissions …. All of these are corporate goals that will be emphasized in 2009. During past recessions, the industry has thrived. It is likely to repeat this strong performance in 2009.
About Telepresence and Videoconferencing Insight Newsletter
Telepresence and Videoconferencing Insight is a well established UK-based newsletter for the user of Telepresence, videoconferencing and video-enabled unified communication systems. It has reported on the industry from a user perspective since May 1996. It is published on Wednesday of each week at http://www.vcinsight.com and http://www.tpandvc-insight.com.
Newsletter content comprises: User application case studies, CEO interviews, equipment news, news from the channel and systems integrators, news from conference service providers, and other industry news. It is accessible free of charge thanks to generous support from sponsoring companies including: Aethra, Cisco, EyeNetwork, RADVISION, and Sony.
The web site contains a reference data bank of 400 user applications in 25 user vertical categories such as manufacturing industry, financial services, hospitals, telemedicine and education. Many of these cover the use of Telepresence and High Definition videoconferencing systems. Potential users of Telepresence and videoconferencing are invited to examine these case studies in order better understand the benefits of using Telepresence and videoconferencing for themselves.
# # #