The immediate reaction in a slowing economy is to reduce workforce and cut expenses across the board
Boston, Mass. (PRWEB) January 20, 2009
OpenAir, Inc., a NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N) company and a leading provider of on-demand professional services automation (PSA) software, today announced its 2009 Professional Services Executive Webinar Series. These free webinars will focus on pressing challenges and opportunities facing services organizations and will feature industry experts sharing their experiences and expertise in an easily accessible on-line environment. Through the presentation of case studies, best practices, and industry trends, these webinars aim to help professional services organizations define the most effective way to run their business. For the complete 2009 webinar series schedule, please visit http://www.openair.com/home/newsEvents.html.
OpenAir is dedicated to helping project-based organizations increase the return on their most valuable assets--employees and their expertise. The 2009 Professional Services Executive Webinar Series will further that goal by providing valuable insight, best practices, and experience at no charge to both clients and the public.
"At OpenAir, we not only strive to provide first-class business software but also to provide insightful and practical answers to the real questions facing services organizations," said Morris Panner, CEO at OpenAir.
2009 Webinar Schedule
The series' first webinar--Grasping Employee Utilization: Easier Said than Done--will be hosted by Mark Sloan, chief operating officer of RTM Consulting. It is scheduled to take place on January 21, 2009 at 1pm ET.
Confirmed webinars in the 2009 schedule include:
- January 21, 2009: Grasping Employee Utilization: Easier Said than Done, Mark Sloan, Chief Operating Officer, RTM Consulting
- February 25, 2009: PSO Selling Secrets, James Alexander, Founder, Alexander Consulting
- March 11, 2009: Trusted Advisor vs. Account Management: How to Balance the Needs of Your Customers with Your Own Financial Goals, Michael McLaughlin, Principal, MindShare Consulting
- April 8, 2009: Resource Management (RM) in a Down Economy; Mark Sloan, Chief Operating Officer, RTM Consulting
- May 13, 2009: What Trusted Advisors Do that Others Don't, James Alexander, Founder, Alexander Consulting
- June 10, 2009: Professional Services Business Optimization; Mark Sloan, Chief Operating Officer, RTM Consulting
- September 23, 2009: 5 Fatal Flaws of Marketing, James Alexander, Founder, Alexander Consulting
With a focus on current and pressing issues in the PS space, recent webinars in the 2008 executive series included Surviving in a Slowing Economy (December 10, 2008) and Bringing out the Best in your Human Capital: Are you a Manager, Mentor, or Coach? (November 19, 2008).
Surviving in a Slowing Economy covered a topic that's on the mind of every business professional. In his one-hour presentation, Brian Sommer, CEO of TechVentive, explained that in the current economy, each organization must make a decision: merely survive or emerge bigger, stronger, and more competitive. According to Mr. Sommer, the keys to achieving this include:
- Quickly identify your core markets, verticals, and solutions;
- Maximize selling situations; and
- Make sense of what internal programs and expenses are truly important.
"The immediate reaction in a slowing economy is to reduce workforce and cut expenses across the board," said Sommer. "This is not always the best course of action and can actually do more harm than good. Webinars like these are essential to creating intelligent dialogue on this pressing issue."
In her OpenAir webinar Bringing out the Best in your Human Capital:- Are you a Manager, Mentor, or Coach?, Debbie Stovall, PCC, strategist and founder of SuccessRealities, explained how different scenarios require unique approaches to resource management. Drawing on 25 years of experience, Stovall discussed:
- How to identify an individual's talents within your organization;
- What motivational approach best suits your personality;
- The best way to deliver constructive feedback; and
- How to perfect your management strategy.
"Each individual responds differently to the manner in which they are managed," said Stovall. "To ensure a workable relationship with your reports, it is essential to identify the management strategy that best suits each personality."
For more information or to view past webinars, please visit: http://www.openair.com/home/newsEvents.html
OpenAir, Inc., a NetSuite Inc. company, is a leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) services automation software. Offering both professional services automation (PSA) and project portfolio management (PPM) solutions, OpenAir provides project-based organizations and firms the tools they need to grow their businesses quickly and profitably. Providing enterprise-level functionality for businesses of all sizes, OpenAir has more than 42,000 active users at over 300 world-class firms using the software to better capture billable time, manage projects and resources and bill customers. Coupled with a team of highly experienced consultants from some of the world's leading services firms, OpenAir's services automation solutions drive higher profits through improved utilization, visibility and data collection. To learn more, please visit http://www.openair.com