This company is uniquely qualified to become a market leader in this industry based on the quality of the instructors, many of which are former professional floor traders and market makers. It teaches people how to trade options through online trainings, web seminars and home study courses.
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) January 21, 2009
The recent purchase of thinkorswim by TD Ameritrade for $606 million shows growing importance of options in the brokerage world.
- TD Ameritrade Holding said last Thursday that it will acquire the online brokerage firm Thinkorswim Group for more than $600 million, in a deal that combines the online industry leaders in retail stock and stock-option trading. TD Ameritrade leads the industry in the number of stock trades placed each day, while Thinkorswim is the industry leader in retail options trades, the companies said.
- The acquisition of Thinkorswim at a substantial price reflects the growing importance of options in the online brokerage world, Celent analyst Robert Ellis said Thursday. "Options are currently the most profitable part of the online brokerage world, and dedicated firms like OptionsXpress (OXPS) and Thinkorswim have been doing well even through the markets' declines," Ellis said. "Options clients trade more, therefore adding more revenue to the brokerage firm." The deal, which puts a substantial premium on Thinkorswim, highlights the growing sophistication of retail traders and the skyrocketing demand for options among retail investors.
- Options allow investors to buy a form of insurance on stock holding they already own. They also can provide investors who sell them an income stream in the form of premiums. The current volatility in the markets also has heightened investor interest, as it has raised the profitability of some options strategies.
- The Options University, based in Boca Raton, FL, is a leading global resource for options trading education and training, teaching investors option strategies for safer investing and bigger profits. Founded in 2004, by Brett Fogle and Ron Ianieri, the educational company teaches investors how to enhance portfolio profits and limit risk in today's markets using options. The Option University offers courses for investors at every level of experience, and has many different products and services to choose from including home study courses, live interactive web classes, and live seminars all over the world plus proprietary options trading software that is provided to students.
- The Options University has been named as one of Inc. Magazine's Top 500 privately held companies in the United States. As part of this prestigious honor, they were named as #276 on the list of private companies. They were also ranked #2 in the Top Education Companies and #11 in the Top 100 Businesses in Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Miami Beach, FL. In only four years, the Options University has grown from zero employees to 25 full-time and virtual staff worldwide, with over $3.5 million in revenues for 2008.
- According to Inc.com, "This company is uniquely qualified to become a market leader in this industry based on the quality of the instructors, many of which are former professional floor traders and market makers. It teaches people how to trade options through online trainings, web seminars and home study courses." Responding to why they believe the Options University is growing, Inc.com state, "More brokers offer options, but not as many investors understand options.
- Options expert Ron Ianieri and Brett Fogle formed the Options University for real people who want to take control of their own money and not leave it in the hands of brokers. The Options University teaches investors to manage their own money better using options through home study courses, online classes, and live seminars worldwide. They teach people how to fully understand options, rather than just risky strategies that other companies tout. The Options University helps protect people in a down market and helps people make money in a time when stocks are risky investments.
- By investing in options, people don't have to tie up a lot of cash; they can take less of a risk and make a considerable amount of money, while still diversifying. Unlike brokerage firms who work on commissions of sales, the Options University focuses only on educating people on how to use options to make more money with less risk. They are solely educators with a mission to teach individual investors how to trade options 'the right way.'
- The Options University has become so popular, that people from all over the world are taking their courses and requesting seminars in their countries, including Singapore, Australia, and in Asia.
- For more information, go to http://www.optionsuniversity.com.
- Testimonials are available.