Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) January 22, 2009
In his new book, "42 Rules for Sensible Investing," Leon Shirman will tell you not to get out of the stock market - even in today's economy. With practical insights Shirman helps you develop a personal investment strategy for picking winning stocks. Strategies in the book are based on studying investing legends such as Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett and Peter Lynch. The book includes a checklist of concise, practical, and sensible rules that are indispensable for investing during a recession.
In "42 Rules for Sensible Investing," learn investing principles to evaluate an investment portfolio and immediately implement changes if necessary. Some rules are common sense advice. Some are more common knowledge, and some could definitely cause controversy:
- Why index funds perform better than most other actively managed funds
- How diversification can sometimes be a bad idea
- Why long term, investing in stocks is less risky than in bonds or bills
- Why it makes sense to stay invested at all times
- How simple process of stock picking is better than a complex one
"We are in bear market territory. The market may continue to go down, but it may also turn up tomorrow. No one knows for sure. I believe that it is prudent to stay the course rather than tempt fate by jumping in and out," Shirman said.
Bryan Koffman, General Partner, PanTerra Investments says this book contains, "Valuable and actionable advice for both novice and experienced investors delivered in an enjoyable and easy to read manner."
Leon Shirman earned a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from U.C. Berkeley in 1990. He has worked for a number of high tech companies, but turned his interest to investment management. He is now the Managing Partner of Etalon Investments, a fund that he started in 2002.
- Title: 42 Rules of Sensible Investing
- Subtitle: A Practical, Entertaining and Educational Guidebook for Personal Investment Strategies
- Authors: Leon Shirman
- Date of Publication: December 17, 2008
- Pages: 112
- Price: Paperback $19.95, eBook $11.95
- ISBN: Paperback: 978-1-60773-008-8 (1-60773-008-1)
- ISBN: eBook: 978-1-60773-009-5 (1-60773-009-X)
- LIBRARY OF CONGRESS CONTROL NUMBER: 2008940963
About Happy About®:
Happy About® books deliver wisdom. Our books are smaller, compact, high-impact reads that are typically 80-150 pages and are delivered in paperback, eBook, or podbook format. Visit Happy About for more info. For quantity discounts, please contact the publisher, Mitchell Levy at mitchell.levy (at) happyabout (dot) info - 408-257-3000.
A free copy of the book is available to the press upon request. Please send an e-mail to prupdate (at) happyabout (dot) info
Start an investment strategy by purchasing the book at http://happyabout.info/42rules/sensible-investing.php.