Richmond, VA (PRWEB) January 26, 2009
LifeStyle Builders and Developers, Inc., a Richmond based homebuilder, is proud to announce their new partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR® program. Introduced in 1992, ENERGY STAR® has become a powerful platform for improving the environment through energy efficiency. In addition to protecting our environment for future generations, energy efficient homes can save homeowners hundreds of dollars in utility costs every year.
Starting in January 2009, every new home by LifeStyle Builders and Developers will be built with the standards required to be an ENERGY STAR® home:
- Insulation enhanced with caulk and seal for a continuous sealing of the air barrier; results are better regulated temperatures, lower utility bills and improved durability, all of which contribute to a better resale position
- Energy efficient Low-E windows with invisible glass coatings to protect your home's interior from fading, vacuum-sealed spaces filled with inert gas between the panes, improved framing materials, better weather stripping, and warm edge spacers, all of which reduce undesirable heat gain and loss
- HVAC and duct systems specifically sized for each individual home; sizes are based on the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Manual J calculations
- Sealed ducts using approved mastic tapes; effectively sealing leaks around duct joints and seams, delivering improved comfort, lower utility bills, improved indoor air quality and lower equipment costs
- Programmable Thermostats save energy and money without sacrificing comfort by establishing a program that automatically reduces heating and cooling usage in a home when it isn't needed
- Installation of ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances, water heaters and light bulbs
For a LifeStyle Builders' home to receive the final ENERGY STAR® certification and label, homebuyers of a pre-sale Signature Home or pre-drywall Designer Home may select to have their new home inspected and tested by an independent Home Energy Rater, who will verify that the home meets the EPA's strict guidelines for energy efficiency.
A Richmond-based and locally-owned company since 1990, LifeStyle Builders and Developers offers an extensive portfolio of award-winning homes with distinctive elevations and innovative designs. LifeStyle Builders is currently building in 10 neighborhoods, with homes priced from the mid $200's to the upper $500's. Additionally, LifeStyle Builders can build an ENERGY STAR® home on your own lot, anywhere in the Richmond metro area. For more information about LifeStyle Builders, please visit http://www.lifestylebuilders.com or call (804) 639-9440.