Burlingame, California (PRWEB) January 23, 2009
Directed Perception, Inc., a leading manufacturer of advanced products for the control and pointing of sensors, today announced the availability of its PTU-D48-DVE model pan-tilt unit designed for use in Driver Vision Enhancer Family of Systems (DVE-FOS) and Forward Activity Detection Systems (FADS) applications. The PTU-D48-DVE meets technical requirements for DVE/DVE-FOS/FADS systems while providing several capabilities that other solutions do not, including:
- Compact form factor
- Full digital interface with speed/acceleration control and absolute positioning
- Precise, slew-to-cue functionality
- Solid and vibration-tolerant for vehicle applications
- Reliable worm-gear design - no belts/pulleys
- Flexible payload mounting (top and/or side)
- Integrated controller - no other electronics box required
- Option for internal payload wire through
- Compatibility with other Directed Perception pan-tilt units
Drop-In COTS Solution for Camera OEMs and Systems Integrators
The PTU-D48-DVE provides a low-risk, compatible drop-in solution for systems integrators and camera OEMs. Standard compliant interfaces reduce integration effort and ensure compatibility and interchangeability.
Compliant specifications plus advanced feature set at low cost
The PTU-D48-DVE meets technical requirements for DVE-FOS/FADS applications and is ideal for all similar vehicle mounted camera surveillance systems. The PTU-D48-DVE offers low parts counts for increase reliability, high-volume manufacturability, and low cost.
Key specifications include:
- All metal worm-gear design (no belts, pulleys)
- Single 16-32VDC power input with raw power conditioning
- Compact size (7.8"H x 5.4"W x 5.5"D)
- Weight: under 10 lbs.
- Digital real-time control interface
- Joystick/Controller (Optional)
Price and Availability
The PTU-D48-DVE is available to qualified customers. Contact Directed Perception's sales department for pricing and technical specifications. Full-rate production quantities available up to 5000 units/month.
About Directed Perception, Inc.
Directed Perception is a leading manufacturer of innovative devices and software for the intelligent control of sensors and sensor processing including video cameras, IR sensors, laser rangers, microwave antennas, thermo-imaging sensors, and more. For over 16 years Directed Perception has been a trusted supplier to industry leaders such as: IBM, Bechtel, iRobot, Cognex, Honeywell, General Dynamics, Harris Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, SAIC and many others. Directed Perception is privately held and headquartered in Burlingame, in Northern California.
# # #