We realize that in today's economy that commitment reaches far beyond just purchasing decisions and into life decisions.
Delray Beach, FL (PRWEB) January 26, 2009
December's unemployment rate rose to a whopping 7.2% and with over half a million people losing their jobs last month the nations unemployed is at a 16-year high. Whether you are a recent college grad looking for that first job, a recently laid off worker looking to get back into the workforce or a teen looking for part time work, the job market is as tough as it has been in a generation.
Even in tough times, companies still need employees. StarReviews has compiled a list of tips and suggestions to getting that sought after job.
1. Use niche job search websites, not just the major ones such as Monster and Careerbuilder. Niche websites contain more focused and specialized job opportunities.
2. Take advantage of social networking websites to try and identify employers and people within those organizations that may help you. Facebook and Linkedin are two great social networking sites to make contacts.
3. Use a professional resume writing service such as Resume Edge or Career Perfect. Your resume is your gateway into the company you wish to work for and it needs to reflect you in a positive light.
4. Clean up your credit report. With the competition for jobs, employers are screening potential employees more carefully than ever before and credit checks are becoming a standard part of the screening process .
5. Research the company you are interested in. Spending time investigating your potential employer can help in several ways:
• Avoid help wanted scams.
• Learn about the company's products/services and any recent news.
• Get contact information.
• Job opportunities with your preferred company.
6. Clean up your online profile. While you can research a company online, the company can research you too. Clean up email addresses, profiles on social networks and any online postings or photos of you. You may think those college photos are funny but your future employer may not.
"At StarReviews we have always been committed to the consumer," said Jeffrey Rosenzweig, Vice President of Marketing. "We realize that in today's economy that commitment reaches far beyond just purchasing decisions and into life decisions."
The web can be a great resource to help anyone find the ideal job. The key is leveraging the Internet to be more efficient in conducting a job search. The tips provided here, as well as the detailed reviews at StarReviews, from both experts and consumers alike, will help job hunters find the best sites to be successful in using the web to land their next job.
StarReviews is located in Delray Beach, FL and was developed in the summer of 2005. The company is comprised of Internet marketing professionals who truly enjoy reviewing products and websites. After years of experience consulting with various online businesses and combing through hundreds of websites daily we noticed a need to compare web services so that consumers can make well informed decisions before making purchases online big or small. To find out more about the industry's leading review and comparison website please visit, StarReviews