Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 29, 2009
The entertainment industry is not the only group walking down the red carpet and celebrating their own this Hollywood Awards' season. This Friday, professional organizers along with celebrity presenters will convene in Los Angeles to celebrate the "organizing of America" at the Los Angeles Organizing Awards (http://www.organizingawards.com).
The Fourth Annual Los Angeles Organizing Awards announces the list of celebrity presenters for the January 30th gala, to be held at the Luxe Hotel Sunset Boulevard in Bel Air, California. Scheduled to appear include actor Christopher Knight, "The Brady Bunch," VH1's "My Fair Brady"; Sam Saboura, "Extreme Makeover"; Gia Russo and Jodie Watson, "Real Simple. Real Life."; Dorothy Breininger, "Dr. Phil"; Linda Koopersmith, "Clean House"; Monica Ricci, "MISSION: Organization," among others.
Stand-up comedian Hal Sparks, former host of "Talk Soup" on E! Entertainment Television and star of the acclaimed Showtime series "Queer As Folk," will host the event. Sparks has used the services of a professional organizer and will share his experiences in his humorous way. The event is produced and presented by the Los Angeles chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers and Office Depot (http://www.officedepot.com).
The Organizing Awards honor the best in the organizing industry, including professional organizers who set the standard for home and business productivity, and the products and services that help consumers and businesses organize everything from information to time management and control habits that lead to clutter and chaos. The public is invited to attend. Individual tickets to the Awards are available to the general public and can be purchased online at http://www.organizingawards.com.
More than 1,500 people across the United States voted in 20 categories over a three month period October 31 through December 31, 2008. The top three finalists are invited to attend the ceremony with recipients announced onstage by "celebrity" presenters. The red carpet gala event is a celebration and the culmination of national "Get Organized Month," which is every January. A list of finalists and web links are available online at http://www.organizingawards.com.
- Christopher Knight: Actor, "The Brady Bunch," VH1's "The Surreal Life," and "My Fair Brady"; host of "Trivial Pursuit: America Plays"; green advocate and business owner
- Sam Saboura: Celebrity Fashion Stylist on TLC's "Real Simple. Real Life.," "The Fashion Police on E!", and "ABC's Extreme Makeover"; Contributing Fashion Editor "LA Confidential Magazine"
- Gia Russo: Design Expert on TLC's, "Real Simple. Real Life."; author, former editor and designer, "Martha Stewart Living"
- Dorothy Breininger: Organizing Expert and Life Coach on "Dr. Phil Show" ; author "Chicken Soup for the Soul"
- Linda Koopersmith: Organizing expert and co-host of Style Network's "Clean House"; author of "The Beverly Hills Organizer's Home Organizing Bible"
- Monica Ricci: Professional organizer on HGTV's "MISSION: Organization"; organization expert for Office Depot; consultant for Beazer Homes; author of "Organize Your Office In No Time"
- Jodie Watson: Organization expert on TLC's "Real Simple. Real Life."; Vice-President, NAPO Los Angeles
Other Award Presenters:
- John Trosko: President, NAPO Los Angeles; contributing author "The Experts Guide To Doing Things Faster"
- Chris McKenry and Robin Davi: Past Presidents, NAPO Los Angeles
- Standolyn Robertson: President, National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO)
- Beverly Clower and Ann Gambrell: Co-Founders, NAPO
- Kit Anderson: President, National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization (NSGCD)
- Dhawn Hansen: President, NAPO San Diego; co-author "Organize Your Office and Manage
- Joshua Zerkel: President, NAPO San Francisco Bay Area
- Kelli Wilson: President, NAPO Sacramento
- Debbie Gilster: Former Vice President, NAPO National; small business reengineering expert
- David Bertnick: President, The International Association for Private Service Professionals (IAPSP)
In addition, this year's "Special Recognition Award" will be presented by Office Depot and given to Stephen R. Covey- best-selling author, business leader and personal productivity pioneer. Covey has recorded a special taped message for the Awards.
A portion of proceeds from ticket sales and sponsorships will benefit NAPO-in-the-Schools, a national community outreach program that brings basic organizing principals to students in all grade levels. The event is produced by NAPO-LA with production support by the Dave Linden Group, Inc. Office Depot is Presenting Sponsor. Additional sponsorship support has been provided by Green Plug. Event video produced by Corp Shorts and hosted by KNBC/KCAL news reporter and anchor, Angie Crouch.
Individual tickets to the Awards are available to the general public and can be purchased online at http://www.organizingawards.com.
About Office Depot, Presenting Sponsor:
Every day, Office Depot is Taking Care of Business for millions of customers around the globe. For the local corner store as well as Fortune 500 companies, Office Depot provides products and services to its customers through 1,705 worldwide retail stores, a dedicated sales force, top-rated catalogs and a $4.9 billion e-commerce operation. Office Depot has annual sales of approximately $15.1 billion, and employs about 49,000 associates around the world. The Company provides more office products and services to more customers in more countries than any other company, and currently sells to customers directly or through affiliates in 48 countries.
Office Depot's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ODP and is included in the S&P 500 Index. Additional press information can be found at: http://mediarelations.officedepot.com.
About NAPO-Los Angeles:
NAPO Los Angeles is a non-profit professional organization dedicated to developing, leading and promoting professional organizers and the benefits of better home and business organization. The founding chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers, "The Organizing Authority®," NAPO-LA provides members with a forum for networking, professional development and raising public awareness since 1985. The chapter produces the Los Angeles Organizing Expo as well as the Los Angeles Organizing Awards and is the recipient of the 2008 NAPO National President's Award for innovative contributions to the organizing industry. For details visit http://www.napola.org or http://www.organizingawards.com.