Richmond, VA (PRWEB) January 29, 2009
Virginia announced today the 40 Years of Travel Passions Sweepstakes, giving away 40 free trips in 40 weeks to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Virginia is for Lovers. The contest, the largest vacation giveaway in Virginia's history, sets out to prove that 40 really is the new 20, with some of state's most exciting travel experiences.
Starting January 26, visitors to http://www.Virginia.org/40 can enter to win one of 40 trips to destinations across Virginia. Each prize trip will be highly experiential and focus on Virginia's most popular travel passions such as wine, music, history, adventure and luxury. Prize trips range from two to seven nights for two to six people. Virginia will award one trip a week, starting February 20, culminating in a grand prize awarded November 23. The contest is open to U.S. citizens 21 years and older.
Each trip is themed around Virginia's travel "passionalities", to help travelers live passionately on vacation in Virginia. Visitors to Virginia.org/40 can take an interactive quiz to determine their "passionality" and after learning if they are an Uber Rebel, Biography Buff, or Front Row Fanatic, they are ready to enter the sweepstakes.
Virginia is for Lovers, launched in 1969, is one of the most loved and enduring travel slogans in the country. At its core, Virginia is for Lovers stands for a love of life and a passion for travel. The slogan is enjoying new meaning and new life through Virginia's Portraits of Passion. These are real Virginians who embody the spirit of Virginia is for Lovers, with whom travelers can connect on vacation in Virginia. The Portraits of Passion are wine makers, musicians, historians, chefs and others who share their story in rich videos on Virginia.org, on the pages of the Virginia travel guide and in magazines and publications across the country.
Visit http://www.Virginia.org/40 to enter Virginia's 40 Years of Travel Passions Sweepstakes. To get more information about travel in Virginia, call 1-800-932-5827 and request a free copy of the Virginia is for Lovers - Live Passionately Travel Guide.
Virginia's 40 Years of Travel Passions Sweepstakes - Grand Prize Details
One grand prize winner will have the choice of one of four vacations to meet one of Virginia's Portraits of Passion. The grand prize includes air fare to Virginia and a rental car. The grand prize choices are:
Virginia Beach Adrenaline Adventure
This four-night vacation for four in Virginia Beach is just what adrenaline junkies crave. Trip Highlights:
- 3-day surf camp with Eric Coulson of Surf & Adventure
- Rock climbing session at Virginia Beach Rock Gym
- Stay Green with four nights at Courtyard Oceanfront North, a Virginia Green certified hotel
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of Virginia Beach, a sensational year-round destination.
Ideal for Passionality: Adrenaline Junkie
Ultimate Artistic Passions in Abingdon
Creativity and artistry will sweep you away on this four-night vacation for two in Abingdon.
- Four-night stay at historic Martha Washington Inn
- Private basket weaving session with artisan Gary Carroll
- Barter Theater performance tickets for two
- Enjoy the history, arts and crafts in Abingdon
Ideal for Passionality: Creative Cat
Southern Sophistication at The Homestead
Luxuriate in southern sophistication with four nights for two at The Homestead with flowers and chocolates upon arrival.
- Four nights at The Homestead, one of America's oldest and finest resorts
- Passion fruit massage and bubble bath
- Daily steam and sauna sessions
- Private Virginia wine pairing session with Mary Watson-Delauder
Ideal for Passionality: Le Connoisseur
History on Wheels in Richmond
This four-night vacation for two puts history on wheels.
- Segway tour of historic sites in downtown Richmond
- Private dinner with Civil War historian Mitch Bowman at Sam Miller's Restaurant in historic Shockoe Slip.
- Admission to 35 Richmond-area museums including the American Civil War Center at Tredegar
- Four nights for two at Crowne Plaza Hotel
Ideal for Passionality: History Addict
Visit vatravelstories.com, the official pressroom of the Virginia Tourism Corporation to download images, news releases, videos and background information.
# # #