Washington, DC (PRWEB) January 26, 2009
National leaders will gather for the first of a series of "Summit Conversations" to highlight the emerging national consensus on key components of a reformed 21st century health care system on January 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the University of Miami.
Sponsored by America's Agenda: Health Care Education Fund, Summit Conversations will be held in cities throughout the country over the next 12 months. They will bring together 100 of America's leaders in business, labor, government and the health care sector.
To attend, please RSVP to Nicole Korkolis at korkolisn (at) carmengroup (dot) com or 212-983-6100.
Sponsored by the America's Agenda Health Care Education Fund. Hosted by University of Miami President Donna E. Shalala and moderated by Emmy Award-winning political commentator Bill Press.
- Donna E. Shalala, President, University of Miami, Host
- Dick Gephardt, Former Majority Leader, US House of Representatives
- Pedro Jose Greer, Jr., M.D., Asst. Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Medicine; Florida International University
- Jim Hagedorn, CEO and Chairman, Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- C. Martin Harris, M.D., Chairman, IT Division, Cleveland Clinic
- Terry O'Sullivan, General President, Laborers' International Union of North America
- Rebecca Patton, President, American Nurses Association
- John R. Seffrin, Ph.D., CEO, American Cancer Society
- Billy Tauzin, President and CEO, PhRMA
WHAT: Summit Conversation on Emerging Consensus for 21st Century Health Care Reform
WHERE: University of Miami
BankUnited Center, Main Entrance
1245 Dauer Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146
WHEN: Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Doors open to the press at 5 p.m. and all are asked to use the loading dock entrance. A press registration table will be set up at the entrance. Press must be set up no later than 6 p.m. Interview opportunities are available.
The Summit will also be available via live streaming at http://www.summitconversations.org.