(PRWEB) January 28, 2009
A new version of Composica (http://www.composica.com), the leading web-based e-Learning authoring system, was launched today.
Composica provides e-Learning authors with the ability to collaboratively create highly rich, interactive content.
Composica 4.0 now empowers authors to take full advantage of social media tools to create a learning community around each course. Courses then become both formal and social by nature - learners can share knowledge with others, learn from each other, comment on anything, rate everything and more - all while browsing a course, without ever leaving the learning environment.
Composica 4.0 empowers authors to:
- Add any number of blogs to courses, either completely open to everyone, much like a Wiki, or moderated.
- Add the ability to comment on anything in the course with a comments widget, with or without requiring comment approval.
- Let learners rate any object in the course, and see how others rated it.
- Include content from external RSS feeds, whether blogs or other services.
- Easily embed mashup widgets, such as YouTube videos, Google Charts, and others.
These social media elements are fully customizable using the rich Composica WYSIWYG environment.
"Imagine the potential of an interactive discussion of the course content and objectives as part of the course itself" says Nitsan Merchav, CEO, "Instead of having to choose between the top-to-bottom approach, where trainers control the way content is delivered to learners, and the bottom-to-top approach, where learners share knowledge only amongst themselves, Composica brings a new holistic model, where knowledge circulates in both directions. Trainers get to deliver rich content, and learners get to share their experience and knowledge. Learners and trainers feed off each other in a symbiotic manner. This unique approach allows organizations to retain and enhance their body of knowledge."
Composica 4.0 also brings an entirely new social approach to the authoring process itself:
- Each project has a development blog where authors can read and express views on the project in form of posts or comments.
- Each team member can see exactly who else in their group is online and exactly what they're working on.
- Users can communicate in real-time using individual and group chats.
- A powerful tasks system with built-in audit trails helps streamline project development.
- Community dashboards let authors see the full picture and manage their time and projects better.
- Tagging of projects, chapters, pages, documents, media files and even tasks makes it a breeze to categorize and find resources for reuse.
Composica 4.0 delivers many other new features and innovations, including built-in audio recording and narration manager, closed captioning, universal media player, surveys, and others.
Read the full release notes to learn more.
Composica 4.0 will be presented at Learning Technologies in London, at Stand 72 and Stand 115.
Composica empowers organizations by enabling them to create compelling, highly interactive e-Learning content. Its flagship product, Composica 4.0, revolutionizes the way in which content is created and managed. Using advanced Web-based technologies, it facilitates real-time collaboration and provides rich development features. Among its customers are leading Fortune 100 companies, educational organizations, government agencies and high-tech industry companies.