Tampa, FL (PRWEB) January 29, 2009
To raise positive awareness of green energy and the biggest family reunion planned in Scotland this summer, Rob RoyMcGregor announces his Go Green Express ride that is currently en route to the Superbowl. Look for the guy in the McGregor kilt and green top with a big grin and positive messages of hope.
McGregor shared, "We need to unite families across the world and learn how to conserve energy, which is why I decided to go on this ride."
From January 18th - February 12th, the Go Green Express has plan stops in seven cities across Florida before arriving home. As the July family reunion in Edinburgh, Scotland gets closer, McGregor plans to take the Go Green Express to England for his second ride for green and family values.
1. Riding for Green
2. Uniting Families around the Globe
3. Uniting the Tartans of Scotland
1. Riding for Green - McGregor's Go Green Express was designed to make people take a second look when driving their cars. He's bright green top that is sure to catch your eye - and hopefully a few people in Washington who can create green jobs.
2. Uniting Families around the Globe - By wearing his family's Scottish kilt on a bicycle, McGregor hopes to raise awareness of family connections worldwide. With the economy in the dumps, our family support ties are even more important for us to survive the storm.
3. Uniting the Tartans of Scotland - The Scottish tartans represent the different families, and each pattern is worn by each family as a symbol of togetherness. The biggest family reunion is planned this July in Edinburgh, Scotland, where Prince Charles will be present as the Patron of the Scotland's first homecoming in 190 years in remembrance of Robert Burns (Scottish poet whose 250th birthday will be celebrated at the Homecoming Scotland 2009).
McGregor's Go Green Express journey started in Orlando, FL, Jan 18th at the 32nd annual Scottish Central Highlands games. From there, he rode around the coast of Florida thru Miami, Fort Meyers, Tampa (for the Super bowl), Tallahassee, Walton County Florida, and then a final lap around the Lake DeFuniak in DeFuniak Springs on the Florida panhandle on February 12, 2009.
Special Go Green Express Stops
- Bicycle Invention Celebration
- Special Stop at Ford and Edison's Home
- Green Hit Show in Tallahasse, Florida (Feb 7, 2009
- Social Networking Conference Stop in Miami
Background - Rob Roy McGregor is a leader/speaker and a 20-year environmental advocate and promoting family unity through online social media. He has been trained in Cultural Anthropology, which is the study of cultural diversity. McGregor is posting blogs about his Go Green Express journey on MySpace: http:///http://www.mygogreenexpress.com
Producers...Call today to schedule a fun and timely interview with RobRoy McGregor as he rides to the Superbowl in Tampa this Sunday, Feb 1, 2009.
Availability: Available as last minute interview and guest, please call Liz Kelly PR, 310-795-1485 or email lizkellypr (at) yahoo.com, to schedule an interview.