Our agency will provide an array of travel options for faith-based clients including religious tours, secular vacations, European river cruising, and much more.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Glastonbury, CT (PRWEB) January 29, 2009
In the past year alone, major media outlets including TIME Magazine, CBS The Early Show, USA TODAY, Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Los Angeles Times each featured stories on the rise of faith-based travel in America. Today more than 600,000 Americans travel each year for religious purposes according to the U.S. Office of Travel & Tourism Industries.
In order to meet this growing demand, has launched a new portfolio of faith-based vacations to service the burgeoning $1 billion Religious Travel Market. Chauncey Gloster Travel has partnered with the world's leading escorted travel company Globus, which in recent years has emerged as an industry and educational leader for religious travel.
"Fellowship, outreach, and building a stronger community will be the results of making your spiritual journey. As congregating has always been a part of the Christian faith and practice, travel continues this great tradition and fosters personal faith. We are very excited about this new market and look forward to assisting churches and religious groups to travel the world," said Chauncey Gloster, the president and owner of Chauncey Gloster Travel. "Our agency will provide an array of travel options for faith-based clients including religious tours, secular vacations, European river cruising, and much more."
Highlights of our new faith-based vacations include:
- The immensely popular Footsteps of Apostle Paul vacation affords travelers the opportunity to visit sites where the teacher delivered sermons and conducted personal pilgrimages. During this 10-day trip, travelers will visit Greece and Turkey, stopping in cities such as Corinth and Philippi, famed for the letters and teachings that Paul addressed to them. In addition to these religious sites, travelers will also experience sightseeing in ancient Athens and marvel at the beauty of Rhodes Island. This vacation is priced from $2,079 USD (land-only price).
- The Journey through the Bible: Egypt and Jordan vacation begins in Amman, Jordan with sightseeing including the Citadel and a visit to the ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM, accompanied by a personal Egyptologist. Afterwards, travelers will continue on their 11-day journey to Mt. Nebo - where Moses saw the Promised Land - and the Dead Sea, among other biblical sites. This vacation is priced from $2,169 USD (land-only price).
- Globus guests arrive in London as their first stop on the Christian England and the World of C.S. Lewis vacation. While in London, travelers will visit the city's many famous cathedrals before enjoying excursions to Canterbury and Oxford. This stay in Oxford allows travelers a glimpse into Lewis' past with visits to his colleges and favorite pubs. The nine-day trip concludes with a stop in Cambridge where Lewis also resided and taught. This vacation is priced from $1,999 (land-only price).
- A travelers' favorite, the Vatican, Assisi & Southern Italy package offers a grand tour of Italian religious sites. The tour's first stop in Rome includes visits to the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums, as well as a tour of the Colosseum, a site of Christian martyrdom. As the nine-day vacation continues, travelers will sightsee in various Italian villages en route to Assisi to experience the life of St. Francis. This vacation is priced from $2,049 (land-only price).
- Footsteps of Martin Luther & European Reformation serves as a "must" for Protestant Christians. Retracing the life of Martin Luther and other great Reformers comprises this vacation with visits to sites including where Luther posted his 95 Theses and where he translated the Bible into German. Also enjoy a Rhine River cruise and visits to Zurich and Geneva, Switzerland - other key sites of the Reformation. This vacation is priced from $2,299 (land-only price).
- Always a favorite, the Footsteps of Pope John Paul II and Poland Heritage vacation offers travelers an intimate look into the life of the beloved pope. Travelers will experience Pope John Paul II's hometown, visiting his birthplace and boyhood home through out this seven-day vacation. Other highlights of this tour include visits to Warsaw, Czestochowa and Krakow, all important sites in the Pope's life. This trip also includes a visit to Auschwitz with a stop at the remains the former concentration camp and a martyrdom museum. This vacation is priced from $1,649 (land-only price).
Chauncey Gloster Travel is now taking bookings for the 2009 season. For more information or to book a trip (whether individually or for your church/group), contact Chauncey Gloster Travel at 866-307-1211.