In order to more closely align with our customers, I am proud to announce the following promotions and realignments. These promotions are proof of the dynamic K'NEX team and I am proud to be part of it
Hatfield, PA (PRWEB) February 3, 2009
K'NEX Brands continues to execute on its growth plan. Michael Araten, President and COO since December 2005, has been promoted to the role of CEO and leadership of the Sales team. "We've made great strides in the last few years by focusing on SKU productivity, customer centric behavior and process improvement. Coming off a year of double digit growth in North America, I'm looking forward to building on our success through 2009 and beyond," said Mr. Araten. Michael Araten joined the company formally in May, 2005 after 14 years at entrepreneurial growth companies, including Toll Brothers, Inc. and O'Neill Properties Group.
"In order to more closely align with our customers, I am proud to announce the following promotions and realignments. These promotions are proof of the dynamic K'NEX team and I am proud to be part of it," stated Mr. Araten. The following represents the core of the new structure:
- Larry Fanelle is promoted to Senior Vice President Operations and will assume responsibility for Customer Service, reporting to Mr. Araten.
- Barbara Rentschler, VP Marketing, will become Chief Marketing Officer, reporting to Mr. Araten.
- Tony Kratowicz, is promoted to Chief Information Officer with responsibility for both K'NEX and The Rodon Group, reporting to Mr. Araten.
- Susan Bauman is promoted to Corporate Controller with responsibility for both K'NEX and The Rodon Group, reporting to Robert Haines, CFO.
- Nancy Talley, Director of K'NEX Events, will report to Mr. Araten and Ms. Rentschler.
- Jacqueline Griffith and Michael Pisors are promoted to Director of Marketing, reporting to Ms. Rentschler.
- Mark McCormick is promoted to Design Director, reporting to Mr. Joseph Smith, Sr. VP Product Development
- Holly Hammond, Director of Demand Planning; C. R. Bedrosian, National Sales Manager and Bill Konkel, National Sales Manager will report to Mr. Araten.
Joel Glickman, co-founder and inventor of K'NEX, retains his roles as Chairman of the Board. He is directly involved in new product development as well as focusing on strategic direction and vision.
Bob Glickman, co-founder, will continue as Vice Chairman, Secretary of the Board, and will continue to assist in legal, investor and other corporate matters.
About K'NEX Brands
Founded in 1992, K'NEX Brands, the world's most innovative construction toy company, was established to make and sell what has become one of the world's leading integrated construction systems for children. Under its brand umbrella, are K'NEX, kid k'nex, Sesame Street pre-school construction toys, Lincoln Logs, Brio, and its Rodon manufacturing subsidiary. Winner of over 200 international awards and recognitions, K'NEX seeks to build young minds with its exciting product line and critically acclaimed K'NEX Education program. For more information, please visit http://www.knex.com and http://www.rodongroup.com.