Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 5, 2009
Crossover Entertainment Group, LLC, has launched and acquired its first entertainment professional services advisory firm, Lawson Artist Management, LLC. Lawson Artist Management's clients as well as manager/producer Allison Gaddy will transition into Crossover Entertainment Group.
Crossover Entertainment Group, LLC is an entertainment industry multidisciplinary professional services firm, which through its three wholly-owned subsidiaries, specializes in: celebrity personal talent management services, development of media properties and branded entertainment corporate consulting.
Mike Lawson, Founder and CEO of Crossover Entertainment Group, LLC commented, "The launch of Crossover Entertainment Group as a holding company allows us to continue to add established firms and entrepreneurs within our partnership structure and environment in order to provide a broad array of high-quality, niche services to all our clients and affiliated partners under the Crossover umbrella."
Lawson said his former career in executive management leadership positions at large, global professional services firms prepared him for the launch of Crossover Entertainment Group. "This is my specialty--helping partners within an organization to internally "crossover" a firm's traditional boundaries, whether geographical, divisional service line specialties, relationship sharing, industry or segment coverage responsibilities."
Lawson was a licensed investment banker and executive within Arthur Andersen's mergers & acquisitions division, Andersen Corporate Finance, LLC in the firm's Chicago world headquarters. After years of advising on corporate client mergers, as member of the national leadership team, he launched a strategic development function that was responsible for integrating disparate offices into one national team as well as devising a technology platform to coordinate all partners' business development support and planning operations.
Before launching his own talent management firm in 2006, Lawson was an officer at Houlihan Lokey, a Los Angeles-headquartered global investment bank where he led the strategic development of one of the three divisions of the 700-person firm and was responsible for assisting partners across the firm to cross-sell services to existing clients as well as helping leverage the entire firm's credentials to help win new business Lawson also led, in conjunction with a board member, his division's integration strategy for the firm's acquisition by Tokyo-headquartered ORIX Corporation.
Lawson holds a Bachelors of Science in accountancy from the top-ranked University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and completed several MBA courses at University of Chicago.
Crossover Entertainment Group's three subsidiaries include: Crossover Talent Management, LLC; Crossover Media, LLC; and Crossover Consulting LLC.
Crossover Talent Management, LLC represents recording artists, actors/actresses, screenwriters, producers, directors, athletes, speakers, comedians, celebrity personalities and hosts/broadcasters. The Crossover Talent Management client roster resulting from Lawson Artist Management acquisition includes, among others:
- Dr. Andy Baldwin, U.S. Navy doctor/humanitarian/triathlete/motivational speaker/tv personality (ABC's "The Bachelor: An Officer And A Gentleman"; Got Your Back Network charity)
- Annie Wood, actress/producer/director/host/writer ("Good Luck Chuck," "ER," "Joey," "Strong Medicine," "NYPD Blue," "Becker," "BZZZ!")
- Richard Jenik, actor ("Desperate Housewives," "Grey's Anatomy," "West Wing" and "Without A Trace")
- Shane McAnally (a/k/a Shane Mack), singer-songwriter/recording artist (co-writer of the song "Last Call" currently #14 on Billboard Hot Country Singles Chart that also earned Lee Ann Womack a 2009 GRAMMY® Nomination for "Best Female Country Vocal Performance")
- Pamela Newlands, Scotland native actress/voice-over/recording artist (Richard M. Sherman's "Sing Along With Me," Hasbro's "My Little Pony Live: The World's Biggest Tea Party")
- Darren Darnborough, England native actor/writer/producer/entrepreneur ("East Enders," "Andy & Chaz Bugger Off to America")
- Tracy Thomas, Canada native actress/recording artist ("Corner Gas")
- Joseph Troski, Johannesburg, South Africa native singer-songwriter/recording artist/music producer (winner of two honorable mentions from the John Lennon International Songwriting Competition)
Crossover Media, LLC advises on and helps produce properties including: reality and scripted television, film, music, mobile, licensing, new media, tour design, video games and events. Crossover Media's clients resulting from the acquisition include several feature film financings and television shows and media franchises currently in various stages of development.
Crossover Consulting, LLC provides the following advisory services for branded entertainment companies: corporate strategy, strategic marketing, brand sponsorships, lifestyle marketing, global expansion, corporate finance, merger integration, technology solutions, management consulting, operational improvement. Crossover Consulting's corporate client from the acquisition includes Charity Group LLC, an early stage company providing innovative tools and platforms to help transform the way Nonprofit Organizations and Corporate Donors align and coordinate their fundraising efforts and objectives (including its "Charity Mixology" reality television show currently in development).
Crossover Entertainment Group, LLC and its subsidiaries are funded by private investors.
About Crossover Entertainment Group, LLC
Crossover Entertainment Group, LLC is an entertainment industry multidisciplinary professional services firm, which through its three wholly-owned subsidiaries, specializes in: celebrity personal talent management services, development of media properties and branded entertainment corporate consulting. For more information, visit Crossover's website at http://www.CrossoverEntertainment.com.
Mike Lawson, Founder & CEO
Crossover Entertainment Group, LLC
Los Angeles, CA
(323) 822-9108 office
# # #