Yardley, PA (PRWEB) February 5, 2009
Global Traveler magazine conducted an independent survey of its readers, frequent business and luxury travelers, to determine how they were affected by the turbulent economic climate. The results show that frequent business and luxury travelers, while feeling slight effects, continue to travel and experience a lesser impact than occasional travelers.
Some interesting results of the survey include:
- 71 percent of those polled are making more or the same amount of international trips as before the downturn
- 73 percent of those polled continue to stay in 5-star hotels on domestic trips
- 73 percent of those polled fly in first class more or the same than before the economic downturn
- 69 percent of those polled have traveled the same or more domestic business trips as in the past
The survey also asked travelers about their travel and entertainment budgets since the downturn. According to our research, when traveling internationally, 67 percent spend the same or more at restaurants, 68 percent rent more or the same amount of cars and 78 percent use hotel dry cleaning services more or the same amount as before the downturn.
The survey was conducted via email and was sent to a random selection of 10, 542 emails. For a complete report of the survey findings, contact Global Traveler at 215 369 3460.
About Our Readers
The survey sample was a random selection of GT readers. Some key highlights of our demographic include:
- Our readers make an average 17 domestic trips per year
- 67 percent regularly fly business class; 29 percent regularly fly first class
- Our readers make 15 international trips per year and spend 143 nights per year abroad
- 99.8 percent have flown internationally in the last 12 months
- 27 percent of readers earn $200,000+ annually
For a complete report on our readers, please contact Global Traveler at 215 369 3460.
About Global Traveler
Global Traveler is a business travel publication that takes into account the sophisticated lifestyle interests of today's executive travelers. Global Traveler is the publication of choice among seasoned business travelers. Global Traveler is the only ABC-audited American magazine for the international business traveler, with ABC paid circulation of 107,140+. The magazine is also the only ABC-audited magazine independently measured by MediaMark Research (MRI). No other monthly magazine in its category boasts a higher audited circulation or page count. Ninety percent of its readership has average household income in excess of $100,000; 96 percent attended or graduated from college; and 98 percent of its readers are either top management or professionals.
About FXExpress Publications
FXExpress Publications, Inc., based in Yardley, Pa., is a privately held company that publishes Global Traveler magazine; eFlyer, a weekly electronic travel newsletter sent to subscribers and accessible online at http://www.globaltravelerusa.com/eflyer; and eFlyer-Asia, http://www.globaltravellerasia.com/eflyer. The company also operates the Web sites http://www.globaltravelerusa.com, http://www.globaltravellerasia.com and blog.globaltravelerusa.com. The company also produces several annuals including the Class Act Book, Global City Guidebook, Luxury Book, Globility book series and custom publishing for various entities.