Unlike other conferences that focus on areas such as solar and biofuels, Green:Net is aimed at making sense of new opportunities for Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. We're offering a focused flow of relevant information for our audience, and allowing them to meet others with the same shared interests.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 4, 2009
The GigaOM Network, a leading Silicon Valley news network, today announces the final schedule for the Green:Net conference, to be held March 24, 2009 in San Francisco. The first Green:Net conference spotlights how technologies of the Web and the Internet will be instrumental in the new, green economy. The conference will be the first event hosted by Earth2Tech, The GigaOM Network's cleantech publication and a thought leader in the emerging "Green Digital" sector. Startups are also encouraged to apply to the Green:Net LaunchPad, a green startup showcase, before nominations close on February 13th. More details are available on the conference website.
Software, communication networks and the web will help companies shape the future of our electrical system, deliver transportation infrastructure, create social movements and help both companies and regular folks reduce carbon emissions. The Green:Net conference brings together the knowledge and talent of The GigaOM Networks publications GigaOM and Earth2Tech to create a must-attend event for those interested in everything from money-saving, energy-efficient data centers to money-making online applications for businesses and consumers.
Led by Conference Chair and Earth2Tech Editor Katie Fehrenbacher, the team has assembled a unique and compelling schedule of topics and speakers. The final lineup includes speakers who can provide insights into the new, green economy.
Bob Metcalfe, the founder of 3Com and creator of Ethernet, anchors the world-class roster of speakers that includes:
- Rob Bernard | Chief Environment Strategist, Microsoft
- Saul Griffith | President and Chief Scientist, Makani Power
- Steve Westly | Managing Partner, The Westly Group
- Dr. Albert Esser | VP, Data Center Infrastructure Group, Dell
- Rich Lechner | VP Energy and Environment, IBM
- Christina Page | Director, Climate and Energy Strategy, Yahoo!
- Jonathan Koomey | Scientist & Professor, Lawrence Berkeley Nat'l Laboratory & Stanford Univ
- Martin Tobias | Founder and CEO, Kashless
- Gavin Starks| CEO, AMEE
- Rob Aldrich | Principle, Energy Efficient Solutions, Cisco
- Rolf Schreiber | RechargeIT, Google
- Kenneth G Brill | Executive Director, Uptime Institute
- Ron Dembo | Founder, Zerofootprint
- Neal Dikeman | Chairman and CEO, CarbonFlow
- Dara O'Rourke | CEO, GoodGuide
- Jason Wolf | VP of Business Development, Better Place
- Jason Karas | Founder & President, Carbonrally.com
- David Kaplan | Co-founder, V2Green
- Felix Kramer | Founder, The California Cars Initiative (Calcars.org)
- And many more greentech thought leaders
Award-winning journalist and The GigaOM Network Founder Om Malik sees many opportunities for The GigaOM Network audience in this exciting new space, and the event aims to connect Internet and communication network-savvy professionals with a key growth market.
"Our audience is good at creating successful technologies and applying them to new challenges, and we see that many of our readers want to be a part of the green revolution," says Malik. "Unlike other conferences that focus on areas such as solar and biofuels, Green:Net is aimed at making sense of new opportunities for Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. We're offering a focused flow of relevant information for our audience, and allowing them to meet others with the same shared interests."
Call For Startup LaunchPad Submissions:
Startup entrepreneurs with promising products and projects using the tools of IT -- communications networks, software, the Internet, cell phones -- to fight climate change are also encouraged to apply for the Green:Net Startup LaunchPad.
LaunchPad presenters will be able to pitch their business plans on the main stage in front of hundreds of greentech industry influencers, investors and members of the press. Presenters will also receive feedback from a panel of judges, as well as have their announcements distributed to attending press. They will also receive coverage of their news on Earth2Tech.com and GigaOM.com. To qualify, startups should keep in mind the following guidelines:
- The innovation needs to help fight global warming in a substantial way. No green-washed goods.
- The startup should be less than 12 months old. (Older startups interested in applying should be prepared to explain why they've been dragging their feet!)
- Preference will be given to companies that launch their ideas at Green:Net.
- Someone from the company must be able to attend the ceremony in person.
- Funding status is immaterial.
The deadline for applications is February 13, 2009 and selected startups will be announced February 18th on Earth2Tech and GigaOM.
Purchase Tickets To Meet greentech Innovators:
Tickets are on sale now at a super saver rate of $395 with a regular price of $495. The discounted rate is only available until the February 28, 2009. Interest is strong and early purchase is advised. Buy your ticket to Green:Net now.
For sponsorship inquiries, please contact Mike Sly at sly (at) gigaom (dot) com or by phone at (415) 235-0358.
The threat of global warming has inspired a new wave of entrepreneurs and innovators to develop technology that could ultimately save our planet. Earth2Tech, edited by Katie Fehrenbacher, leads the industry with breaking news on the hottest cleantech companies -- be they in solar, biofuels, wind, energy efficiency, green IT, water or other materials -- and provides smart, focused analysis of the cleantech industry, funding environment and regulatory climate. Earth2Tech keeps all members of the eco-ecosystem -- from entrepreneurs and investors to students, researchers and policymakers -- informed.
About The GigaOM Network:
The GigaOM Network is a leading provider of publications and events for the technology and entrepreneurial markets worldwide. Founded by award-winning journalist Om Malik, The GigaOM Network is an online publishing company whose network of news sites reaches more than 2 million readers worldwide and provides news and insight on the developments disrupting the world of technology. The GigaOM Network includes seven award-winning sites: GigaOM covers the business of broadband, VoIP, infrastructure, mobile and wireless; WebWorkerDaily covers the future of work in a web world; NewTeeVee covers the business of online video; Earth2Tech covers the business of green technology; OStatic is a web application, news site and community looking at open-source solutions for business; jkOnTheRun offers news and insight on mobile devices; and TheAppleBlog is a leading source of information for Apple users. The GigaOM Network also produces industry-leading events, including annual conferences: Structure, Mobilize, NewTeeVee Live and Green:Net.
Earth2Tech, part of The GigaOM Network
press (at) Earth2Tech (dot) com
Phone (415) 370-3356