Our clients are groundbreakers and leaders in their fields. These awards demonstrate their commitment to excellence in thought leadership.
Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) February 6, 2009
The Magazine Group, the leading quality custom media company, and its clients earned 56 awards for custom magazines, digital media and online video in 2008. Additionally, The Magazine Group is a finalist in the 55th Annual Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards competition for State Tech, a bi-monthly magazine for IT professionals in state and local governments.
The Neal Awards, established in 1955 to recognize and reward editorial excellence in business media publications, are referred to as "the Pulitzer Prize of the business media." They are also the industry's most prestigious and sought-after honor. StateTech is finalist for Best Department for its section called Strategy + Innovation, which highlights some of the best technology practices in government. The Neal Award winners will be announced at a luncheon in March.
Other noteworthy awards The Magazine Group and its clients won in 2008 include:
- Six Folio: Ozzie Awards for best overall magazine design, illustration, digital imagery, table of contents and photography
- Two Folio: Eddie Awards for best editorial overall
- Nine Pearl Awards in categories such as Best Use of Alternative Media or Multimedia Technology, Best Overall Editorial and Best Achievement of Corporate Objectives
- First custom magazine to be honored by The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) for Excellence in Technology Journalism
- Eleven awards from Trade Association Business Publications International (TABPI) in categories such as Best Cover, Best Feature Article and Best Opening Page.
- Seven APEX Awards for overall design and editorial distinction
- Seven awards from the Society of National Association Publications (SNAP) for categories including General Excellence, Design Excellence and Best Redesign.
- Five awards from The American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors (ASHPE) including a Gold and Silver award for Best Custom Publication
- Three awards from The American Society of Business Publication Editors in categories including Best Opening Page and Best Overall Typography
- Four Wilmer Shields Rich Awards for Excellence in Communications from the Council on Foundations
- One Gold Circle Award from the American Society of Association Executives
"The Magazine Group's achievements in 2008 demonstrate our strong commitment to produce the absolute best design and editorial for our clients across multiple communications platforms," said Jane Ottenberg, president, The Magazine Group. "Our clients are groundbreakers and leaders in their fields. These awards demonstrate their commitment to excellence in thought leadership."
About The Magazine Group
The Magazine Group is the quality leader in custom media and provides services to more than 50 corporations, associations and nonprofits. Its clients include corporations such as WebMD, Hilton, Northwestern Mutual and CDW; associations such as the Consumer Electronics Association and the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts; health organizations such as the American Diabetes Association and the Lupus Foundation of America; educational organizations such as the National Association of Independent Schools and EDUCAUSE; and scholarly institutions such as The Brookings Institution and the Aspen Institute. TMG Online Video, a turnkey video content service, currently works with the American Society of Association Executives and the Consumer Electronics Association. TMG Online Video offers customized video production and distribution services. The firm has won nearly 600 awards for its work.