Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) February 11, 2009
DownToEarth.com, a first-of-its-kind clean, free dating site, announced results from a survey of more than 1,000 singles who reveal why they enjoy Valentine's Day, what they will sacrifice for an unforgettable day and why they're looking for love online.
Looking Forward to Valentine's Day
The majority of women surveyed said they enjoy Valentine's Day and, surprisingly, most men also look forward to the day. When asked why they enjoy the holiday, men highlighted romance, an opportunity to express love and a day of fun, while women say they look forward to a day of eating lots of chocolate, a time to show loved ones they care and being able to send or receive flowers, candy or jewelry.
Making Valentine's Day Memorable
Many singles demonstrated the importance of the holiday by saying they'd make personal sacrifices just to have a memorable Valentine's Day:
- 90 percent of women and 89 percent of men chose to end their gourmet coffee obsession.
- 81 percent of men and 80 percent of women said they would give up their iPod.
- 75 percent of men and 72 percent of women would quit watching their favorite TV shows.
- 48 percent of men were willing to let go of their cell phone for one month while 58 percent of women said they won't make the sacrifice.
Women Believe This Could Be the Year to Find a Valentine on a Dating Site
The majority of women surveyed said that although they had not yet found a Valentine on a dating site, this might be the year. Only 20 percent of men believe they will find a Valentine on a dating site this year, but nearly that amount reported they had found success using a dating site in previous years.
Reasons for Joining a Free Dating Site
When asked why they joined DownToEarth.com, the reasons among women and men slightly differed:
- The majority of women said they don't have time to go out and find someone the traditional way.
- Most men said they are curious to see who's out there and wanted to try it for free.
The survey was conducted by DownToEarth.com. The results were tabulated from 1,140 responses collected January 31, 2009 - February 3, 2009 from DownToEarth.com members.
DownToEarth.com is a free online dating site geared towards singles looking for relationships with down-to-earth people who have strong values. DownToEarth.com features a unique RealRatings™ tool and zero tolerance for lewd behavior and inappropriate photos to reward daters for being honest when creating profiles and posting pictures.