Amsterdam, The Netherlands (PRWEB) February 17, 2009
Frederik Slijkerman has released Ezlect, a brand-new selection plug-in for Adobe Photoshop. Ezlect makes it easy to quickly create beautifully anti-aliased selections, just by clicking on the object and background areas in an image.
Creating selections is a basic image manipulation task, for example allowing you to lift objects out of an image to place them on a different background. However, Photoshop's built-in tools are usually inadequate for more complex images. Some third-party selection plug-ins give better results, but typically require tediously tracing the entire object edge, which can take a lot of time.
Ezlect introduces a new approach to making selections. You just click on the object and background areas in the image. Ezlect instantly calculates the most likely selection based on the edges between the marked areas, which usually takes less than a second. Because the result is shown so quickly, you can interactively refine the selection, just by clicking and placing new object and background markers. With Ezlect, you typically have a fully anti-aliased selection ready in less than a minute.
- Create and refine a selection just by pointing and clicking
- Instant recalculation of the selection as soon as you place a new marker
- Very fast: calculating a selection including soft anti-aliasing typically takes less than a second for a 10-megapixel photo
- All calculations take place in the background, so you never have to wait
- Soft and sharp anti-aliasing options
- View selection as dotted edge or as black/white mask
- Seamless zooming and panning, like in Photoshop, using the same keyboard shortcuts
- Save/restore marker positions
- Compatible with all versions of Adobe Photoshop
- For Windows Vista/XP/2000 (Mac OS X version under development)
Whether you are a graphic designer, a professional photographer, a computer artist or a home user desiring to tidy up the family photos: Ezlect is the easiest and quickest way to make high-quality selections in Adobe Photoshop.
Ezlect is now available for EUR 99, USD 129 or GBP 94 on http://www.ezlect.com. There is a free fully functional 30-day trial version.
Ezlect is compatible with all versions of Adobe Photoshop, and also with other graphics software that work with Photoshop selection plug-ins. Ezlect currently supports Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000 and 98. A version for Mac OS X is under development.
Evaluation copies are available on http://www.ezlect.com/download. On request, we will gladly send you an NFR license key for review purposes.
About Frederik Slijkerman:
Frederik Slijkerman is the author of Ultra Fractal (http://www.ultrafractal.com), a powerful and advanced fractal program, and he is co-owner of FabFilter Software Instruments (http://www.fabfilter.com), which produces high-quality plug-ins for audio professionals. Frederik Slijkerman graduated from the University of Amsterdam in 2002 with selection algorithms in computer graphics as his graduation research project. The developed ideas and algorithms were incorporated in a Photoshop selection plug-in and improved and refined over time until they were finally ready to be released as the new Ezlect plug-in in 2009.