Norwell, MA (PRWEB) February 18, 2009
Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc. ("Clean Harbors"), the leading provider of environmental and hazardous waste management services throughout North America, today announced that John C. Kelsey has been named Vice President of Healthcare and Education.
In assigning Mr. Kelsey to the healthcare industry, the company is now focusing more resources on this important market. Commented Mr. Kelsey, "Clean Harbors offers unique and comprehensive waste management and disposal services for all chemical, pharmaceutical and chemotherapy waste. Our services simplify administrative tasks, limit liability, reduce costs and ensure regulatory compliance. Through our North American reach, local, regional and national healthcare customers can receive all services at every location."
Mr. Kelsey has held several sales and operations positions of increasing levels of responsibility during his 17 years at Clean Harbors. Most recently, he was Vice President, Business Line Management and was previously Vice President, Technical Services. His experience includes packaging waste for healthcare customers as a Lab Pack Chemist. Mr. Kelsey holds a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering from Syracuse University, and a Masters in Environmental Management and Policy from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Clean Harbors Services for Healthcare
- Pharmaceutical Waste Management & DEA Controlled Substance Management - Clean Harbors provides comprehensive review and waste characterization/formulary reviews of hospital pharmacy products and compounds to determine U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements for each National Drug Code (NDC) product. Services include Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Controlled Substance Management with full chain-of-custody management, preparation of regulatory filings, and complete destruction of Schedule I-V DEA Controlled Substances. The company is also a registered DEA Pharmaceutical Reverse Distributor.
- Chemotherapy Waste Disposal - Clean Harbors provides safe and complete disposal of chemotherapy agents. U-Listed waste including chlorambucil, cyclophosphamide, daunomycin, diethylstilbestrol, melphalan, mitomycin C, streptozotocin, and uracil mustard and other non-antineoplastic pharmaceuticals, such as reserpine, selenium sulfide, resorcinol, saccharin, and chloral hydrate materials are easily handled through Clean Harbors' network of waste disposal facilities.
- CleanPack® Laboratory Chemical Packing - Clean Harbors provides the proper recognition, handling, packaging, transportation and disposal of laboratory chemicals for healthcare facilities, and performs laboratory relocations, closures and cleanouts.
- Waste Transportation & Disposal - Clean Harbors combines the largest network of waste management facilities in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico with its company-owned disposal capabilities. The company's incineration, recycling, wastewater treatment, fuel blending, and landfill facilities handle ignitable, corrosive, reactive and toxic materials including U- and P-listed waste.
- Emergency Response - Clean Harbors has the ability to respond to emergencies at hospitals and healthcare facilities, such as small chemical reagent spills or mercury releases, as well as large lab releases, petroleum product spills, polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) contamination and other facility and environmental hazards.
- Mercury Disposal - Clean Harbors safely manages devices that contain mercury including patient care thermometers, sphygmomanometers, batteries, and gastro-intestinal devices, as well as mercury containing compounds used in preservatives, fixatives and several reagents.
- Tank & Vessel Cleaning - Clean Harbors also cleans neutralization tanks, petroleum tanks and boilers for healthcare facilities.
In addition to providing comprehensive hazardous waste management services to healthcare customers, Clean Harbors also offers Online Services and Apollo Onsite Services. Clean Harbors Online Services enable customers web-based access to manage their waste profiles and inventories in multiple storage locations, track and view manifests, view invoices, and run essential reports. Apollo Onsite Services, Clean Harbors' environmental services outsourcing program, places select experienced and certified employees on location to support and manage environmental programs.
Clean Harbors' environmental services for the healthcare industry comply with all EPA RCRA and Canada's Ministry of the Environment (MOE) standards, as well as the Joint Commission, formerly the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) guidelines for managing hazardous waste.
About Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.:
Clean Harbors is North America's leading provider of environmental and hazardous waste management services. With an unmatched infrastructure of waste management facilities, Clean Harbors serves over 45,000 customers, including more than 325 Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state and local governmental agencies. Clean Harbors' Technical Services provides a broad range of hazardous material management and disposal services including hazardous and non-hazardous waste recycling, treatment and disposal, CleanPack® laboratory chemical packing, and household hazardous waste management services. Clean Harbors' Site Services provides field services, industrial services, vacuum services, emergency response and disaster recovery, transformer services, tank cleaning and decontamination.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 100 locations strategically positioned throughout North America in 36 U.S. states, six Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. For more information, visit http://www.cleanharbors.com.
David N. Proud
Vice President, Marketing
Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.
proudd (at) cleanharbors (dot) com
Soucy Communications Group
smclaughlin (at) scg-pr (dot) com