Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) February 24, 2009
The Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design has announced that due to overwhelming demand Real Estate Advanced Finance Program will be offered again on April 5-8, 2009.
This popular new program, which first ran in October 2008, is designed for seasoned real estate executives who have a solid understanding of and interest in real estate finance, including developers, owners, financiers, and entrepreneurs.
Covering topics such as financial analysis, strategic leverage, hedging and derivatives, debt strategies and structures, portfolio management, strategies from a global perspective, bankruptcy and distressed debt, distressed debt and non-performing loans, along with panel discussions on equity and debt, participants will gain a broader exposure to the complexities of real estate finance, develop best practices, and learn from each other.
Real Estate Advanced Finance Program participants will share a unique opportunity to learn, participate, and engage with distinguished academicians and top industry experts including:
- Andrew Baum, professor of land management, University of Reading, UK
- Jim Clayton, director of research, Pension Real Estate Association (PREA)
- David Geltner, director of research, Center for Real Estate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stuart C. Gilson, professor of business administration, Harvard Business School
- Aidan Hume, executive vice president, Anglo Irish Bank, North America
- Edward Marchant, adjunct lecturer in public policy, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Kevin McCall, president and CEO, Paradigm Capital Advisors, LLC
- Richard Peiser, professor of real estate development, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Raymond G. Torto, global chief economist, CB Richard Ellis
- Kenneth J. Witkin, president and chief executive officer, CBRE Realty Finance
- Joe Versaggi, principal, Great Point Investors
- John H. Vogel Jr., adjunct professor of business administration, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
Complete program and registration information can be found at:
For information on Harvard's other real estate executive education programs that are scheduled throughout the year visit: http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu/professional/exec_ed/real_estate
About the Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design
Now in its tenth year, The Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) is the foremost provider of Executive Education programs for architects, planners, and real estate and building industry professionals. Executive Education offers an extensive menu of programs that covers topics in design and real estate as well as customized programs that can be tailored to an organization's or firm's specific learning needs. Drawing upon the unparalleled resources of Harvard University, Executive Education programs are led by renowned faculty from the GSD, the Business School, the Law School, and the Kennedy School of Government, as well as eminent practitioners and scholars from across the country and around the world. For more information, visit http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu
# # #