Helsinki, Finland (PRWEB) February 23, 2009
Returnil is pleased to announce the official release for the next and final version of the Returnil Virtual System 2008 Premium Edition series. This release contains new features and quality improvements that complete the foundation of our next generation of computer security solutions by proving the significant benefits of adding virtualization to an intelligent, layered security strategy.
Random surveys are indicating that at best your Antivirus product is only capable of detecting an average 30% to 50% of all malicious content at any given time. This explains why similar studies have shown that as many as 1 in 6 computers are already infected, even with all updates and upgrades of traditional security software applied. The reason for this is that the security industry has focused too heavily on detection and filtering, rather than on what is actually critical: quick and complete removal of malicious content! Further, this lack of insight has led to extremely intrusive, and occasionally destructive removal techniques that may or may not be successful.
Our foundational software gives you peace of mind with the knowledge that even if your current anti-virus misses the malware, Returnil's System Protection will be there to ensure that any infection lasts no longer than the time it takes to restart your computer.
New in Version 2.0.1:
- File Protection - This new feature will allow the user to selectively protect files and folders on alternate partitions. Further, the user can also specify the entire partition or drive (extra internal drive, USB drives, IEEE drives, etc).
- Additional Returnil Tools:
o Anti-Execute - This new plug-in is not designed or intended to be a full featured HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System). That said however, the feature will allow added white/black list control over most executable and loaded drivers.
o Real System Autoruns - The new plug-in will allow an experienced user to view and edit auto-run entries in their registry while using the RVS System Protection and Session Lock feature.
- Custom Virtual Partition installation path - New in v2,01 is support for installing the RVS Virtual Partition on alternate partitions or drives
- Virtual Partition drive designation change support - RVS now supports changing the Virtual Partition drive letter from within the Preferences menu without requiring a reinstall of the VP through the repair feature.
- Real System Registry Editor - This is a new feature available from within the Real System Autoruns plug-in and allows the computer administrator to make changes to the computer's registry while using the RVS System Protection and Session Lock feature.
- Right Click Delete - This new feature adds an additional option to the right click shell integration that supports deletion of the selected file or folder from the Real System.
- Disk Cache privacy wipe - the 2.01 series now supports cleaning of the disk cache at shutdown of your computer.
- Right click Tray Icon and Toolbar control - This is a refinement to allow the user to activate or deactivate the Tray Icon and/or Toolbar through its right click menu.
- Vista hibernation support - the 2.01 series now properly supports hibernation mode in Windows Vista.
Download your copy of RVS Premium 2.0.1 today!
Returnil: Simple, Smart, and Strong Approach to PC Safety
Returnil is a computer security company. We have developed a totally new approach to computer security that is efficient, effective, simple to use, and completely safe. Using a powerful virtualization technology to clone the computer's System Partition in memory rather than on a portion of the Hard Disk Drive, Returnil offers users the ability to recover from harmful or unwanted changes with a simple reboot of the computer. More information about Returnil is available at http://www.returnil.com.