Lund, Sweden and Westborough, MA (PRWEB) February 25, 2009
Anoto Group, the inventor of Digital Pen and Paper technology, today announced Anoto penDocuments, a new digital pen and paper office productivity solution that can be immediately installed and used by a wide range of business consumers. Anoto penDocuments is a completely mobile solution that enables users to digitally capture handwriting and signatures instantly into their computer systems without scanning, faxing or traditional data entry. Anoto technology is proven to provide significant efficiencies in many business environments, saving costs and increasing revenue by providing a data capture option that requires virtually no training or interruption to workflow. Anoto penDocuments is available immediately through Anoto, Inc., in Westborough, Mass., and retail sites such as Amazon.
Anoto Digital Pen and Paper technology is the de-facto industry standard and provides the fastest, most cost-effective and accurate way to electronically capture handwriting as you write. The company's technology is in use by thousands of end users in the healthcare, financial services, government, education, transportation and maintenance services industries and powers digital pens for more than 300 partners, including such well-known brands as Leapfrog, Polyvision and LiveScribe.
The Fastest and Most Effective Personal Productivity Tool
A recent study conducted in the usability lab of the department of computer science at the University of Applied Sciences in Hamburg, Germany, analyzed current technologies and devices for mobile data capture. The study compared data capture via keyboard, tablet PC, personal digital assistants and digital pen and paper, and concluded that digital pen and paper was the fastest and most effective method for digital data capture .
Anoto penDocuments requires no training and is the easiest and most cost-effective mobile data capture option available today. If you know how to use a pen and paper, then you can you can use Anoto penDocuments.
Key benefits of Anoto penDocuments include:
- Superior Usability - Anoto penDocuments works with all existing Windows applications, meaning there is no training required. Users simply print from any application using the Anoto penDocuments printer driver, which adds Anoto's unique dot pattern to the document as it's printed.
- Increased Accuracy - Users simply write on the printed documents with the Anoto Digital Pen as they would with any other pen. The unique dot pattern enables the digital pen to automatically sense its location and record handwriting with 100 percent accuracy.
- PDF, Archive and Share Documents - By simply docking the pen into its USB cradle, the recorded handwriting is downloaded and matched exactly with the image on the original document - instantly creating an exact copy of the handwritten document in PDF format for quick and easy archival, emailing and sharing.
- Print on Demand - Users can print any Windows-based document with Anoto penDocuments as often as they need it.
- Cost Effectiveness - Anoto penDocuments easily integrates with existing document management systems and is compatible with other digital paper solutions featuring Anoto functionality, dramatically reducing document capture expenses. Digital Pen and Paper technology is a more cost effective alternative to other mobile data capture options such as tablet PCs or PDAs.
"The release of Anoto penDocuments makes it easier than ever for customers to digitally capture handwritten information. Plus, through the print-on-demand feature in Anoto penDocuments, customers can now print the Anoto dot pattern on any document and ensure 100 percent accuracy when capturing their notes," said Ebba Åsly Fåhraeus, VP Sales Marketing Forms with Anoto. "Anoto penDocuments further enhances our leadership position in the digital pen and paper market and demonstrates our commitment to continually developing and supporting innovative solutions to address the needs of our customers to digitally capture handwritten information."
Pricing and Availability
Anoto penDocuments retails at only $499 and is available immediately through Anoto, Inc., in Westborough, Mass., and retail sites such as Amazon. To become an Anoto Partner or to learn more about pricing and information, visit http://www.anoto.com.
About Anoto Group
Anoto Group is the company behind and world leading in the unique technology for digital pen and paper, which enables fast and reliable transmission of handwritten text into a digital format. Anoto operates through a global partner network that focuses on user-friendly forms solutions for efficient capture, transmission and storage of data within different business segments, e.g. healthcare, bank and finance, transport and logistics and education. The Anoto Group has around 110 employees, offices in Lund (head office), Boston and Tokyo. The Anoto share is listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic small cap list under the ticker ANOT. For more information: http://www.anoto.com