I was prompted to browse the Robbins Brothers website because I realized giving my boyfriend such a generic statement like 'I like jewelry' would be like sending him on a wild goose chase.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) February 26, 2009
Robbins Brothers, World's Biggest Engagement Ring Store® concludes its "Random Acts of Romance" enter-to-win sweepstakes and selects winner Lisa Choy of Rosemead, CA as the recipient of the $1,000 shopping spree.
The back-to-basics promotion honored couples in love by reminding them that it's the simple and thoughtful things you do in a relationship that really matter. The engagement ring retailer teamed up with Panera Bread to surprise Southern California couples on a date with fun and romantic gifts including gerbera daisies, roses and Newport Beach Gondola cruise gift certificates. With a diamond engagement ring in its possession just in case, the Street Team also helped a young man in Old Town Pasadena propose marriage to his girlfriend on the spot.
As part of the "Random Acts of Romance" online contest, Robbins Brothers invited people to share their own personal random act. The 1500 submissions varied from funny and unique to heartwarming and sexy. Some of the entries included:
- "I wake up in the mornings making my sweetheart of 22 years breakfast in bed. He loves it." Dreama
- "I handle things at home so she can have an evening to herself." Ken Schaefer
- "Love notes on the pillow" Ivy Prestwood
- "We dance whenever and wherever we get the desire. We still dance without the music, just like we did when we got married." Lori
- "I pack my husband lunch with 2 turkey and cheese sandwiches, a drink, yogurt, fruit rollup, Doritos and coupons to redeem when he comes to bed at night." Kimberly Fisher
- "Proposed on a Venetian gondola ride." Vincent
- "Write messages on the bathroom mirror that appear as a surprise after a shower." Kimberly
- "Brushing the snow off my wife's car before she leaves work on a snowy evening." John
- "Take it all off!" Alfreda Holloway
- "She opened the door to the fresh scent of garlic and lemon (from the giant shrimp scampi in the pan), and me in a cook's apron with nothing else on." Robie
Winner Lisa Choy's submitted entry reads, "My boyfriend loves to eat fruit. However, he is too lazy to wash and cut it up himself so he goes without it. At least once a week, I will cut up pieces of mango, pineapple or kiwi and arrange the pieces artfully and serve it on platter for him."
Choy was thrilled to learn she won the contest. She admits, "I was prompted to browse the Robbins Brothers website because I realized giving my boyfriend such a generic statement like 'I like jewelry' would be like sending him on a wild goose chase."
The "Random Acts of Romance" sweepstakes has ended but Robbins Brothers believes romance should not be limited to Valentine's Day. The Street Team plans to surprise more couples on dates in the near future. Diane Ferraro, Director of Advertising for Robbins Brothers reveals, "Kind gestures in the relationship should be done 365 days a year! Surprise your sweetie any day with something totally unexpected and romantic."
For more information, please visit http://www.robbinsbros.com or call 800.610.7464.
# # #