Berkeley, CA (PRWEB) February 27, 2009
IT professional book publisher Apress, Inc., launches its Alpha Program, giving customers the opportunity to read and provide feedback on book chapters as authors submit them. By using the program, readers are able to see a title grow from just a few chapters to a fully finished book.
Customers who by an Apress Alpha Book will receive e-mail notices from the book's editor each time content is updated, informing them of what new content has been added or which chapter revised. Readers are encouraged to submit feedback, which will be read by the book's editor.
Alpha Books are available exclusively through the Apress eBookshop. They are priced the same as Apress' regular eBooks, which is 30% below that of the print book price, and full access to the final, published eBook is included in the purchase price.
There are currently over a dozen Alpha Books available, covering topics as diverse as WPF, the Linux command line, and corporate governance. With Apress due to publish over 150 titles this year, more Alpha Books will become available at regular intervals.
The following Apress Alpha Books are amongst those currently available:
- Illustrated WPF by Daniel Solis
- The Definitive Guide to CentOS by Peter Membrey
- Beginning Scala by David Pollak
- Beginning the Linux Command Line by Sander van Vugt
- Pro ASP.NET MVC Framework by Steven Sanderson
- Pro Silverlight for the Enterprise by Ashish Ghoda
- Pro Excel Financial Modeling: Building Models for Technology by Tom Y. Sawyer
- Under Control: Governance Across the Enterprise by Jacob Lamm
- Zune Game Development Using XNA 3.0 by Dan Waters
- Beginning Zend Framework by Armando Padilla
- Expert VB 2008 Business Objects by Rockford Lhotka
- SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled by Grant Fritchey
- Developing with ExtGWT: Enterprise RIA Development by Grant Slender
- Pro Spring Persistence with Hibernate by Ahmad Seddighi
For a full listing, and to purchase any Alpha Book visit http://www.apress.com/ebook/alpha
Apress Inc., part of Springer Science+Business Media, is a technical publisher devoted to meeting the needs of IT professionals, software developers, and programmers, with more than 700 books in print and a continually expanding portfolio of publications. Apress provides high-quality, no-fluff content in print and electronic formats that help serious technology professionals build a comprehensive pathway to career success.