(PRWEB) March 2, 2009
TriMark Publications (http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/), a global leader in the biotechnology, healthcare and life sciences publishing, announces the TriMark Point of Care Testing Conference 2009 entitled:
"Point of Care Testing 2: Exciting New Directions"
The Conference will be a gathering of global companies leading the way in point of care testing and will include presentations from POC industry experts such as:
- Keynote Speaker James Nichols, Ph.D., Tufts University School of Medicine, Bay State Medical Center, discussing "Achieving Quality at the POCT: Changes that are Moving Towards a Risk Management Approach in the ISO and CLIS Standards".
- Richard Egan, Ph.D., Executive Director, Immunoassay Development Nanogen, Inc., discussing "The Evolution of Multianalyte Rapid Testing: Nanogen's Nexus Dx Rapid Testing System".
- Kent Lewandrowski, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Chief of Pathology and Director of Clinical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital; Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School, Editor-in-Chief: Point of Care: The Journal of Near Patient Testing Technologies.
- Emily S. Winn-Deen, Ph.D., Vice President, Genetics and Oncology R&D, Cepheid, Inc., discussing "Moving Molecular Diagnostics Closer to Patient Care".
- Howard J. Kirchick, Ph.D., Scientific Affairs Director, Biosite, Inc., discussing "Efficacy of a Multi-Marker, Serial Draw Protocol for the Rapid Diagnosis of AMI in the ED".
- Jeff DuBois, Vice President, Medical & Scientific Affairs, Nova Biomedical, Inc., discussing "How Do We Measure Up, What Standards Apply & Where Are We Headed?".
- Joseph Dooley, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB, Editor-in-Chief, TriMark Publications, LLC, discussing "Business Changes in the Point of Care Testing Sector: What's Happening and Why".
- Stephen R. Lee, Ph.D., Executive VP and CSO, OraSure Technologies, Inc., discussing "Recent Developments in Point of Care Testing for HIV and Hepatitis".
- Aleta B. Bonner, MD, MSPH, FAAP, Clinical Assistant Professor, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, discussing "Point of Care Testing for Respiratory Pathogens: Clinical Evidence Supporting Improved Patient Care".
- Barbara Goldsmith, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB, President, American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), discussing "Point of Care Testing in the Future".
The Conference will be held on Monday, May 11, 2009 at the Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown
located at 1646 Front Street, San Diego, California. Registration details at http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/ .
Who Should Attend:
- Point of care coordinators.
- Medical technologists and laboratorians.
- Laboratory directors and supervisors.
- Point of care technology development companies.
- Physicians and clinical scientists.
- Industry representatives and researchers.
- Regulatory personnel.
Leaders from the Following Areas Will Greatly Benefit from Attending:
- Laboratory leaders.
- Hospital CFOs and CSOs.
- Point of care and in vitro diagnostic companies.
- Business development.
- Strategic planning and development.
- Technology development.
- Research and development.
- A critical examination of key emerging technologies in point of care testing.
- Transitioning from laboratory in vitro diagnostics to point of care diagnostics.
- Evidence-based medicine in point of care testing.
- Point of care testing as an essential critical care medicine tool.
- Point of care testing is an important resource tool for practicing family medicine.
Issues Addressed at the TriMark Conference:
- How to achieve quality in point of care testing.
- How to implement point of care testing to improve patient outcomes.
- The impact of molecular diagnostics on point of care testing.
- Which new technologies will reach the point of care market in the next 2-3 years?
- Point of care testing in rapid diagnosis of AMI in the ED.
- What are the prospects for point of care testing in the future?
- How is technology innovation facilitating the transition of POC testing into standard healthcare practice?
Top Five Reasons To Attend the TriMark Conference:
- Discover the point of care sectors with the greatest impact on patient care.
- Identify the key players in the point of care market and recognize how their technology platforms can energize point of care testing.
- Understand the factors driving growth of the point of care market, which represents over 30% of global in vitro diagnostics sales.
- Discover the future of point of care testing.
- See the top innovators in point of care testing technology.
Registration Fees for the Conference:
- Early-Bird Registration Fee is $295 (until April 30, 2009).
- Standard Registration Fee is $395.
- At-the-Door Fee is $595 (on May 11, 2009; subject to seating availability).
Register at http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/ .
About TriMark Publications, LLC
TriMark Publications is a global leader in biotechnology, healthcare and life sciences publishing. For more information, please visit http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences/ .
The statements contained in this news release that are forward-looking are based on current expectations that are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks, and actual results may differ materially.
TriMark Publications, LLC