Chicago, Ill. (PRWEB) March 1, 2009
Instead of squandering time on the beach or the slopes, smart college students are using their spring break to get a jump-start on their job search.
"A college degree does not guarantee a job and graduates are facing the worst job market in decades," says Steven D. Davies, founder and president of PerfectJob, a job search management tool. "Many students are forgoing spring break vacations to look for employment instead of waiting until June when the market will be flooded with degreed candidates seeking work."
Davies works directly with college students to help them with their search so they can land jobs more quickly with his product. He recommends that students conduct a multi-level search campaign using every resource available in order to get a leg up on their peers including networking, recruiters, job boards and temporary employment agencies. Davies also offers these tips to students:
1. Volunteer: In addition to helping others, you'll interact with people who may be able to help you find a job, especially if you offer help in the area in which you want to work.
2. Become active in professional clubs: To get the most out of these organizations, attend meetings and serve on committees to further develop contacts while gaining resume-boosting experience.
3. Put "down time" to good use: Don't waste job search opportunities on spring break or holidays. With no tests looming or classes to attend, these are ideal times to focus on a job search.
4. Let everyone know you are looking. Your dentist may have just capped the teeth of your next boss.
5. Be organized! Don't make amateur mistakes such as missing appointments, sending the wrong documents to the wrong person or losing track of what you sent to whom. Track documents, meetings, results and next steps. Putting extra effort in the front end of your search will save time in the long run and will increase the chance of success.
Recognizing that multi-level job searches can be cumbersome, Davies launched PerfectJob to help job-seekers manage multiple versions of resumes, organize job leads, sort contacts and more. PerfectJob enables college graduates to concentrate their efforts on researching companies and applying for positions, and offers useful tips to help young job-seekers improve their job-hunting skills. It is available online and via Internet download.
Founded in 2007, Perfect Job Software Inc. helps job seekers launch, organize and maintain focus on their job search. Unlike any other organizing tool available today, PerfectJob streamlines and simplifies administrative tasks, allowing job seekers to focus on the search itself, not the process. PerfectJob helps professionals and recent graduates alike find their perfect job faster. For more information visit http://www.PerfectJobSoftware.com.
# # #