With more landlines, mobile numbers and telemarketer alerts, Caller ID by WhitePages users can now connect with even more confidence that they'll know where that call or text is calling from.
Seattle (PRWEB) March 2, 2009
WhitePages, the company that makes it easy for people to find each other and connect with confidence, today announced availability of the new Caller ID by WhitePages in the paid Android™ Application Market. Building on the success of their original application launched in October 2008, this version offers additional services designed to improve the Android caller ID experience.
"Caller ID by WhitePages users asked for more and we're responding with an even better Android app for our mobile, connected customers," said Kevin Nakao, vice president of mobile and monetization. "With more landlines, mobile numbers and telemarketer alerts, Caller ID by WhitePages users can now connect with even more confidence that they'll know where that call or text is calling from."
Priced at $6.99 for six months of unlimited caller ID service, the new Caller ID by WhitePages:
- Adds a database of 600 million numbers to ID more numbers successfully
- Shows instantly who is calling from both landlines and mobiles through a notification window that displays the caller's ID while the incoming call is ringing
- Alerts users to incoming calls from known telemarketers, helping people avoid unwanted calls on what is often their primary phone number
- Lets users identify numbers, including unknown texts, on demand with reverse phone lookup
- Offers the ability to update address books by adding a caller's phone number and address as a contact with one tap
The original version of Caller ID by WhitePages is still available as a free G1 application and has been downloaded over 100,000 times. Find both by searching for "Caller ID by WhitePages" - in the Android Market.
"Android's open platform and new paid market allows developers to be innovative to create valuable applications," continued Nakao. "This is the real deal, and WhitePages is giving the Android platform the full court press."
Note: Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
About WhitePages, Inc.
WhitePages, a privately held company based in Seattle, WA., is the most trusted and comprehensive source of ConnectoryTM services for consumers to quickly find each other and connect with confidence. The company's network of sites include WhitePages.com, WhitePages.ca, 411.com, Address.com, PhoneNumber.com and its 1,300 partner sites including AOL.com and MSN.com. The on-the-go user can also access contact information via cell phone, smart phones and other Web-enabled mobile devices including the iPhone.