The enhanced CO2 reports will help clients reduce their carbon footprint and be prepared for the possibility of federal or state legislation that will require tracking and disclosure, or even placing caps on emissions levels.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) March 2, 2009
LPB Energy Management today announced general availability of Utility Manager™ 4.5. Utility Manager is a leading energy management software application that leverages monthly utility bill and meter data to measure and report on energy cost, consumption and environmental factors. The insight, analysis and ongoing benchmarks help clients reduce cost and usage, improving their bottom line and environmental sustainability.
A key feature in Utility Manager 4.5 is enhanced Carbon Emissions (CO2) reporting. Today, companies and institutions are more aware than ever before of their "carbon footprint" and its impact on the environment. Utility Manager employs the most current conversion factors available from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and published in the Emissions & Generation Resource Integrated Database (eGRID). These factors are used by the software to translate historical energy consumption data into CO2 emissions totals.
A variety of new reports display information about emissions to help quantify, track and report an organization's CO2 output and reductions over time. For example, the CO2 Equivalents Graph translates decreases in emissions levels into equivalent values that are easy to understand, such as the number of cars taken off the roads or the acres of trees that would be required to offset the same amount of CO2 from the air. A better understanding of the positive impacts of energy management encourages the adoption and expansion of efficiency and conservation programs by a wider audience.
"Since 1993, Utility Manager has been a pioneer in the field of data-driven energy cost management," said Bob Hart, Vice President of Software Development at LPB. "The enhanced CO2 reports will help clients reduce their carbon footprint and be prepared for the possibility of federal or state legislation that will require tracking and disclosure, or even placing caps on emissions levels."
Other features of Utility Manager 4.5 include:
- Over 250 user-friendly reports and dashboards: Clients can track utility cost and consumption by utility, by region, by provider and even down to individual sites or meters. Site-by-site comparisons also enable clients to understand which facilities are consuming more energy and to take corrective action at those sites.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: The historical reports and trend data help clients accurately forecast and budget for future utility costs, including any anticipated rate or tariff increases.
- Energy Cost Avoidance: Clients can track the progress and effectiveness of energy management programs by comparing current cost and consumption to prior periods, taking into account variable factors like weather conditions and increases in energy and utility rates.
- Bill Verification: Utility Manager has over 30 built-in controls to highlight "out of norm" data conditions that might be due to data entry and billing errors or usage anomalies that result from leaks and equipment malfunctions. Identifying and resolving problems like these can lead to significant refunds, credits and future savings.
- Energy Star® Ratings: Utility Manager integrates with the EPA's Energy Star Portfolio Manager. This feature enables clients to acquire and maintain Energy Star ratings and market themselves as enterprises that are both energy efficiency and environmentally responsible. Over 65% of Americans recognize the Energy Star label.
- Weather: Utility Manager tracks conditions at nearly 1,200 weather stations across the United States, including factors like average temperature and heating and cooling degree days that can significantly affect energy consumption.
Utility Manager 4.5 is available for immediate purchase or for upgrade to LPB clients under software maintenance agreements. For more information, call 866-572-5721 or visit http://www.lpbenergy.com.
About LPB Energy Management:
LPB is a full-service energy management firm that helps clients measure, report and reduce energy costs and usage. Utility bill and meter data is centrally captured and then analyzed using LPB's innovative Utility Manager™ software, revealing actionable insight that is at the core of LPB's integrated energy management solution. With offices across the U.S., LPB has helped over 1,000 corporate and government clients reduce energy costs and increase sustainability. LPB has been recognized with ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year and Sustained Excellence awards, as well as a GSA schedule for Energy Management Program Support. For more information, visit http://www.lpbenergy.com.