Princeton, NJ (PRWEB) March 3, 2009
In the current economic climate, maintaining a good appearance now often means "do it yourself." Yet for many people, pedicures are no longer considered a luxury.
Products from the local drugstore make pedicures affordable, as many products found in the foot care section can substitute for a professional pedicure while costing considerably less. Pedicures are also a great way to reduce stress with some "me-time" pampering. And, with the popularity of sandals, unattractive feet are a no-no.
"No one wants to pair ugly feet with great-looking new sandals," says Carol J. Buck, CEO of Xenna Corporation (http://www.xenna.com), a distributor of natural foot care products nationwide. "But after a winter's worth of neglect, feet can appear dry and scaly or have thickened areas and the appearance of toenails may be shocking."
Five easy steps to start getting feet in shape for summer:
1. Get into a regular foot bath regimen. A daily or weekly aromatherapy foot bath provides both stress relief and the opportunity to concentrate on foot appearance. Fill a container (big enough to house both of your feet) with very warm water and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or less expensive bubble-bath.
2. Examine toenails regularly. For unattractive toenails, Buck suggests Xenna's patented, natural NonyX® Nail Gel, a topical, easy-to-use gel that breaks down and removes keratin debris - the discolored or yellow granular buildup under toenails that causes them to appear yellow, dark or discolored. (NonyX is diabetic-friendly and a mail-in rebate is available online at Xenna's website.)
3. Trim toenails carefully. Toenails should always be trimmed straight across - easier to do when they're damp from the shower. Toenails also deserve the attention of a scrub brush to clean underneath. Invest in high quality instruments and never share pedicure or manicure implements with anyone else.
4. Exfoliate and moisturize. If your heels are dry, flaking or cracked Xenna's diabetic-friendly CalleX® Exfoliating Dry Heel Ointment offers a fast-acting solution that doesn't require scraping. Acid-free CalleX Ointment contains patented, natural exfoliating enzymes, to leave heels and soles baby-soft and smooth in two to four weeks.
5. When summer arrives, use nail polish sparingly; use sunscreen liberally. While nail polish provides a temporary fix for unattractive toenails, continuous use is not advised. Toenails need to breathe and have occasional breaks from polish. Fresh air and sunshine are great for feet and toenails, but sunscreen is advised to protect sensitive skin from harmful rays. Besides, the natural look goes better with spring and summer footwear than glaring, holiday reds.
Carol Buck concludes, "In-home pedicure pampering reduces stress now and rewards you later with sandal-perfect feet."
Xenna Corporation values the environment and formulates brands containing natural ingredients. Xenna products are not tested on animals, do not contain animal byproducts, are not packaged in PET containers and are biodegradable.
All Xenna products are unconditionally money-back guaranteed. See "before" and "after" photos online at Xenna's website. Free shipping is available when ordering directly from Xenna. For special offers and news about Xenna products, follow Xenna at http://www.twitter.com/xennacorp.
NonyX can be found in the footcare aisle at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, Kinney Drugs, HEB and Kerr Drug, through Publix, Medicine Shoppe, ShopKo, Harris Teeter, Hannaford, Sweetbay and online at http://www.drugstore.com.
CalleX Ointment is available in the footcare aisle at Walgreens, Rite Aid and Kinney Drugs, through Publix, Medicine Shoppe, HEB, Kerr Drug, Stop & Shop and online at http://www.drugstore.com.
About Xenna: Xenna is a women-owned business and manufactures in the USA. To contact them call 800-368-6003 (business hours, Mon-Friday Eastern Time). Store Locations.