Denver, CO (PRWEB) March 3, 2009
Family law attorney and managing partner Rich Harris of The Harris Law Firm encourages his 12 family law attorneys and the firms' staff members to maintain a strong commitment to the community by volunteering. The firms' dedication was reflected in the many ways everyone at the firm donated their time in 2008.
Below is a list of the organizations that provided The Harris Law Firm with an opportunity to "give back":
1. Colorado Legal Services: coloradolegalservices.org - Colorado Legal Services provides legal services for low income Coloradans.
2. The Adoption Exchange: adoptex.org - AE connects children in foster homes with permanent and loving families.
3. Family Tree:thefamilytree.org - Founded in 1976, the Family Tree provides a broad range of services and shelter to families and youth of Metro Denver to overcome child abuse, domestic violence, and homelessness.
4. DBA School Supply Drive: denbar.org - DBA's School Supply Drive raised money and gathered school supplies for homeless and at-risk students. The drive is sponsored through the Educational Outreach Program of the Denver Public School system and the Children's Outreach Project. Donations this year yielded 230 backpacks filled with the school supplies the children needed to start the new school year.
5. Arapahoe House:arapahoehouse.org - Arapahoe House is a non-profit corporation dedicated to providing a continuum of accessible, affordable, and effective services for individuals and families with alcohol, drug or other behavioral health problems.
6. The MaxFund: maxfund.org - This non-profit no-kill animal shelter provides medical care for injured pets with no known owners, and then finds them new homes when they have recovered.
7. Law Line 9: 9news.com - The Denver Bar Association runs this free legal program in conjunction with Channel 9 News.
8. Mi Casa: micasadenver.org - The Colorado Lawyers Committee and the Denver Bar Association sponsor Mi Casa's "Legal Night," a free opportunity for people to meet with an attorney.
9. The Horse Protection League: cohpl.org - The primary purpose of The Horse Protection League is to prevent equine abuse. To this end, everyone at the ranch provides tender and loving care to abused, neglected, abandoned and unwanted horses.
10. Food Bank of the Rockies: foodbankrockies.org - Founded in 1978, FBR supplies food to more than 900 hunger-relief programs.
11. The Denver Rescue Mission: denverrescuemission.org - DRM provides shelter, food, clothing, and education to Denver's homeless.
About the Harris Law Firm
Established in 1993, The Harris Law Firm is one of Denver's largest family law firms and employs a team of 12 skilled attorneys. In addition to divorce and child custody and support issues in Colorado, The Harris Law Firm also handles marital agreements, and issues regarding maintenance, paternity, grandparents' rights, and step-parent adoptions.
For more information on The Harris Law Firm, including articles written by our family law attorneys, please visit our Web site: http://www.harrisfamilylaw.com