Kirkland, WA (PRWEB) March 4, 2009
Learners are in for a treat at the Willows Inn as its organic, authentic farm-to-table fine dining is consistent with Slow Food, making The Willows Inn " http://www.willows-inn.com " one of the most sought after B&Bs and agritourism destinations in the San Juan islands. A short ferry trip " http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/publicworks/ferry/schedule.jsp " is required, although sail-ins are welcome depending on weather.
Just as small class size benefits our children in school, small class size in technology training is also better for the adult learner and with chef prepared organic meals the trainers and learners will have plenty of time together.
- Obtain required knowledge to comfortably work with the Linux command line to address remote PBX administration needs
- Securely tunnel using SSH to do remote GUI administration and phone configuration
- Understand components of Asterisk and FreePBX and how they fit together
- Understand the architecture and key components of FreePBX and where to look if/when things go wrong
- Understand basic Asterisk concepts and terms and what they mean
- Understand where and how to customize your installations with your own applications and dialplans with proper integration with FreePBX, and some basics of Asterisk dialplans
- Be efficient at FreePBX deployment planning and all the required basics, MAC (Moves, Adds, Changes), Effective IVR planning and construction, inbound and outbound routing, DID assignments, ACD (Automatic Call Distribution - Queues) and Ring Group usage, Fax integration and considerations
- Configure remote users including understanding NAT issues and how to address them
- Understand 911/E911 considerations and where FreePBX may be able to help
- Understand TDM (Zaptel) and VoIP (SIP, IAX) trunk-ing and configuration, and branch office integration
- Address system and TDM hardware considerations, including motherboard selection and impacts of hardware selection on PBX performance and audio quality
- Deal with echo, troubleshoot and fix interrupt (IRQ) issues
- Understand basic telephony and work with the telco providers to effectively troubleshoot
- Be able to configure and work with a few popular IP based phones, and considerations when making deployment choices with various models
- Understand and address Security concerns of the PBX installation
- Learn how to use a demo kit and wow your perspective clients in their own offices - changing the game against the traditional providers
What people are saying:
Great seminar - worth the money and, more important, the time!" - Calvin W.
"Extremely well prepared and presented!" - Ronald C.
"The OTTS was a valuable injection of information regarding the vibrant and dynamic Asterisk ecosphere; it should be attended yearly by anyone trying to keep abreast of this area." Ron B.
Lodging and gourmet meals are included in this special venue offering of the Open Telephony Training Seminar. NOTE: This description is for the standard format OTTS class, but that specific details should be reviewed on the actual registration page as the class is adjusted from course to course depending on the the venue being delivered, class size and in some cases, class length may vary.
For additional information visit the Open Telephony Training Seminar site at " http://www.freepbx.org/open-telephony-training-seminar " -or- email: training at freepbx.org -or- call 1-888-370-7727