Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 4, 2009
Mold concerns are everywhere and too few people know the importance of controlling humidity in the battle against mold growth. Relative humidity is the measure of moisture content in the air relative to how much moisture the air could potentially hold at a given temperature. Allergists and environmental control experts all agree, relative humidity should be monitored and maintained between 40% and 50% to prevent mold growth. In addition to mold growth, high humidity levels can spur the dreaded dust mite to thrive.
AchooAllergy.com recently completed the renovation of its entire dehumidifier offering and offers solutions from residential room units to light commercial and industrial units that can operate efficiently in low temperatures. In addition to a comprehensive offering, AchooAllergy.com's associates underwent extensive product training and are now dehumidification experts.
Danby Dehumidifiers are popular among home owners, and consumers having more severe issues often opt for industrial / commercial units, such as ebac dehumidifiers. Many models are Energy Star rated to save on power consumption.
In addition to using a dehumidifier, there are several other things that can be done to reduce humidity including:
- Make sure their are no leaks or seepage in and around your home or office. Improper landscaping, leaking pipes, faulty gutters and clogged drains can all increase the amount of water and moisture in and around your home or office.
- Use your dryer. Some of us like to allow certain articles of clothing to air dry for fear of shrinkage in the dryer. By allowing laundry to air dry in your home, you are increasing the overall humidity levels. Inspect the dryer vent to make sure it is actually vented to the exterior of your home and inspect the hose for cracks or leaks.
- Always remember to use exhaust fans whenever possible. In the bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans can quickly remove excess moisture out of your home.
- Keep doors open in your home and allow air to circulate from room to room. By allowing heat to circulate you can bring warm air to colder places where moisture is likely to condense.
- Air out your home periodically.
Customers interested in learning more about the importance of dehumidification as it relates to mold growth and other health problems are encouraged to contact AchooAllergy.com. Through a brief consultation, an AchooAllergy.com associate will recommend an appropriate dehumidifier for even the toughest moisture problems. Most models qualify for free shipping and several models include a free humidity gauge.
AchooAllergy.com is a multi-channel retailer founded in 2000 which sells allergy and asthma relief products, air purifiers, HEPA vacuum cleaners, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, and allergy bedding via the internet, a product catalog, and a network of over 4,000 referring allergy physicians. The company also manufacturers Allergy Armor Allergy Bedding, boasting the smallest average pore size in the industry. As a pioneer in the field of allergy relief products, achooallergy.com is one of the most visited websites for allergy relief products and allergy relief information on the web.
For more information, please contact:
P. Cade McDonald
Chief Allergy Sufferer
3411 Pierce Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
Cade @ AchooAllergy.com