New York, NY (PRWEB) March 4, 2009
Seven Pearson products were named as finalists in nine categories in the 24th Annual CODiE Awards. The company's innovative education products for schools, colleges and universities were honored across the awards program's categories, recognizing the company's commitment to investing in the development of innovative education materials that reach and engage today's learners in the digital world in which they live.
The honored products are DRA2™ Handheld - Tango™ Software Edition, Pearson eCollege®, MyCompLab®, NovaNET®, Perspective™, PowerSchool® Premier 5.2 and PowerTeacher. With these K-12 and higher education curriculum, classroom management and assessment products, Pearson tops the education industry categories with more finalists than any other company.
Established in 1986, the CODiE Awards celebrate outstanding achievement and vision in the software, digital information and education technology industries. Chosen through a unique combination of journalist and expert peer review, the CODiE finalists were chosen from more than 850 nominations submitted by 600 companies.
- DRA2 Handheld - Tango Software Edition is the latest technology for managing Development Reading Assessment™, Second Edition, (DRA2) results and linking K-8 assessment and instruction. With DRA2 Handheld - Tango Software Edition, teachers instantly identify students' strengths and weaknesses while administering the assessment on a handheld device and then quickly access DRA2 results for student grouping, class summary and progress monitoring. DRA2 Handheld - Tango Software Edition is a finalist in the Best Educational Use of a Technology Device category.
- Pearson eCollege enables educators to achieve measurable success for academic programs through integrated, on-demand solutions that advance and improve the teaching and learning experience. Its integrated technology and services, content solutions and multi-level user support all lead to greater measurable success. Pearson eCollege is a finalist in both the Best Postsecondary Course or Learning Management Solution and Best Course Management Solution categories.
- MyCompLab empowers student writers and facilitates writing instruction by integrating an online composing space and ePortfolio with proven resources and tools. Students receive feedback within the context of their own writing - encouraging critical thinking and revision while developing their skills based on individual needs. MyCompLab is a finalist in both the Best Postsecondary Instructional Solution and Best Reading/English Instructional Solution categories.
- NovaNET is a comprehensive, online courseware system that helps schools reach struggling students and recover lost credits, prepare for assessments and increase graduation rates. Each year NovaNET delivers thousands of hours of research and standards-based, interactive curriculum, as well as provides integrated assessment and student management. NovaNET is a finalist in the Best Virtual School Solution for Students category.
- Perspective, an online remediation and enrichment tool, ties assessment to instruction by providing students, families and educators with a roadmap to student improvement through targeted resources. Perspective helps families understand how students are doing, helps educators prepare for their classes and details what to do to help students succeed. Perspective is a finalist in the Best Student Assessment Solution category.
- PowerSchool Premier 5.2 is the next generation of student information system, delivering mission-critical functions with a fully integrated suite of tools including PowerScheduler, PowerTeacher, Transportation, Lunch Management, Student/Parent Portals and more. Fast to implement, reliable and affordable, PowerSchool Premier is the leading and fastest growing system available today and is a finalist in the Best K-12 Enterprise Solution category.
- PowerTeacher is a revolutionary, Web-based classroom management solution designed to meet the evolving needs of today's educator with unparalleled ease of use. A wide array of functions facilitate differentiated instruction, formative assessment, discipline, and parent communication in an elegant user interface designed to ignite widespread and enthusiastic end-user adoption. PowerTeacher is a finalist in the Best Classroom Management Solution category.
In the next step of the CODiE Awards process, SIIA members vote to determine the winners in each category. The 2009 CODiE Awards will be presented at a gala event on May 5 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
Pearson (NYSE:PSO), the global leader in education and education technology, reaches and engages today's digital natives with effective and personalized learning, as well as dedicated professional development for their teachers. This commitment is demonstrated in the company's investment in innovative print and digital education materials for preK through college, student information systems and learning management systems, teacher professional development, career certification programs, and testing and assessment products that set the standard for the industry. The company's respected brands include Scott Foresman, Prentice Hall, Addison Wesley, Benjamin Cummings, PEMSolutions, Stanford 10, SuccessNet, MyLabs, PowerSchool, SuccessMaker and many others. Pearson's comprehensive offerings help inform targeted instruction and intervention so that success is within reach of every student at every level of education. Pearson's commitment to education for all is supported by the global philanthropic initiatives of the Pearson Foundation. Pearson's other primary businesses include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group. For more information, go to http://www.pearson.com.
For more information, press only:
Kate Miller, Pearson, 800-745-8489, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Wolfe, L. Wolfe Communications, 773-227-1049, email@example.com