Spokane, Washington (PRWEB) March 7, 2009
Scribner Software announced today the launch of TekView Explorer, a stock charting and technical analysis tool that helps investors develop and evaluate trading strategies. The software offers an array of standard features for charting and performing trend analysis. Advanced features use fuzzy logic and Petri nets to create rules-based trading models for generating buy/sell signals.
Matt May, the system's developer, said the company's objective was to provide an affordable, easy-to-use platform that would encourage people to test their investment ideas before committing them to practice. He notes, "With many of today's markets at 12 year lows many have lost faith in strict buy-and-hold strategies and rightly wonder whether some degree of market timing might help preserve capital. But trading is very risky for those that attempt it without developing a strategy they have a high degree of confidence in because emotion can so easily overcome judgment at exactly the wrong time. We want to make it easier to get the level of knowledge and confidence necessary for success by providing an easy-to-use environment rich enough in features to fully test your investment ideas and those of others."
TekView Explorer's list of key features include:
- Robust charting supports an array of built-in standard indicators (SMA, MACD, Stochastics, Momentum, Money Flow, etc.)
- Easily create custom indicators with drag-and-drop functions and with scripting support build even more elaborate indicators and trading scenarios.
- Use Petri net models to build fuzzy logic decision systems for back testing and alerting.
- Portfolios have convenient drill-down features that assist in "lessons-learned" exercises.
- Indicator and trend line breakout alerts.
- Free end-of-day updates and no monthly fees.
A free fully functional 30-day trial of TekView Explorer is available for download at scribnersoftware.com.
About Scribner Software
Scribner Software is a new company engaged in business process automation.