Overlake Service League to Honor Intelius Founders For Their Philanthropic Efforts

Share Article

Intelius' CEO, Naveen Jain, and Anu Jain, VP Community Relations named honorary chairs at the "Step Up To The Plate" Benefit Luncheon in March

Naveen and Anu Jain of Intelius--a leading, search, screening and identity protection provider based in Bellevue--are actively engaged with a number of Eastside non-profit organizations. For them, community giving is a business priority, and "stepping up" to meet hard economic realities comes naturally for the couple.

Intelius and the Jains have supported Overlake Service League (OSL), a non-profit dedicated to helping families within the Bellevue School District area, for many years. As one of the organization's major supporters, Intelius will be honored at the group's 10th Annual "Step Up to the Plate" Benefit Luncheon on March 19. Naveen and Anu will serve as the event's Honorary Chairs, a designation that pays homage to the couple's personal service as well as Intelius' contributions to OSL.

"Intelius and the Jains have taken a real leadership role in our community," said Trish Carpenter, Director of Fundraising & Development for Overlake Service League. "They have stepped up in these tough economic times, setting an example that we hope other businesses will follow. As jobs fall away and many families find themselves for the first time needing help to survive, the services Intelius helps us provide are more important than ever. I think Overlake Service League and Intelius are perfect partners for building a better community."

Since Intelius was founded in 2003, Naveen Jain, CEO, has fostered a strong business sense tied closely to community stewardship. Over the past year, Naveen along with Anu, who serves as the company's Vice President of Community Relations, have stepped up the company's spirit of philanthropy.

"Giving back has always been part of our lives both on a personal as well as on a corporate level," said Anu Jain. "In today's tough economic times, we feel it is our duty to step up and give more while encouraging others who can give, to reach out as well. In the last 12 months, we set a new corporate giving record for the company, giving nearly $210,000 in cash to over a dozen local and national nonprofit organizations. In addition, we have personally donated approximately $480,000 to various charitable organizations in the last 12 months. Our focus is on education, healthcare, youth and family issues and we hope to increase our giving in 2009."

For 2009, Intelius established an employee donation matching program and it is offering paid leave for time employees spend volunteering at local charitable organizations.

ABOUT OVERLAKE SERVICE LEAGUE
Over the years, Overlake Service League has worked closely with the community to provide assistance for immediate needs as well as programs that build better futures. OSL was founded in 1911 and since that time has provided Emergency and Family Assistance as well as holiday programs. Clients must agree to a home visit to access services. For those who are homeless, special arrangements can be made. The League is supported by nearly 300 volunteer members who contribute about 35,000 hours per year in community service. This, in part, enables OSL to direct 86% of its funds to services for people in need, leaving a low 14% for administrative costs. For more about OSL, visit http://www.overlakeserviceleague.com/index.html.

ABOUT INTELIUS
Intelius is a leading information commerce company providing businesses and consumers with information to empower the decision-making process for peace of mind and security. To date, Intelius has gained more than six million unique customers who use Intelius' information to reconnect and protect their loved ones, businesses and assets. Intelius' services include background checks, people search services, comprehensive employment screening services and an award-winning identity theft prevention product, IDWatch. Intelius is one of the top 100 most trafficked sites on the Internet, according to comScore/Media Metrix. For more about Intelius screening products and services, visit http://www.hr.intelius.com. For more about Intelius' business, news and policies, visit http://www.intelius.com/corp.

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Melissa Korb
Intelius
425-974-6146
Email >
Visit website