Auburn, WA (PRWEB) March 9, 2009
For the millions of consumers that used to happily spend ten, twenty, or even thirty dollars or more on a book at the local bookstore, many are now turning to websites like Thriftbooks.com--one of the largest retailers of used online books--where they can enjoy purchasing millions of titles for as little as a single penny. As more consumers seek used books as their new and more affordable entertainment medium, Thriftbooks.com has realized an influx in online sales over the past year.
"Our website was specifically designed for the frugal consumer," states Hector Rivas, CEO of Thriftbooks.com.
Rivas credits the recent rise in sales to the current economic calamity that most consumers are faced with.
"Our prices become more attractive as more consumers continue to cut back on spending," says Rivas.
With the current state of the US economy, most consumers are being very creative in how they approach their own personal entertainment. Many are avidly seeking ways that they can still entertain themselves without having to spend an arm and a leg in the process. This generally means that many people are staying in more, as opposed to going out to eat or to the movies. And, in turn, many are also devising imaginative ways to keep themselves occupied when at home. While at the same time, they are also adhering to a strict budget that can carry them through these temporary economic woes and into a financially brighter future.
For these many strapped consumers that enjoy reading often, Rivas has the best solution for their woes.
"If you love to read, and you are currently pinching pennies--then you've found a new best friend with Thriftbooks.com!"
Thriftbooks.com is currently one of the largest online retailers of used books, with more than 4 million used books in their inventory, and four major distribution centers spread across the United States. These are not just any cheap books either. Most of their books tend to be national bestsellers, like 'Atonement' by Ian Mcewan--which is currently listed on their website for a solitary penny, plus the cost of shipping.
"There are not too many places where you can order a New York Times best seller and get it delivered to your doorstep for under $4," states Rivas. "We've always thought that our business model made sense and would appeal to the everyday reader; books are one of the few products that are not diminished by being used."
Of course, Thriftbooks.com offers a money back guarantee and a price match guarantee, which Rivas says has never been invoked in the company's history because they always offer the lowest prices on used books online.
According to Rivas, the solution to enjoying premium reading for less is simple.
"Why would anyone pay more for a book when the story is the same, whether the book they buy is new, or has been used?"
For more information on Thrift Books, please visit them online at http://www.Thriftbooks.com.
- Has been in business since 2003
- Offers a money back guarantee; if a customer finds a better deal they will match that price
- 40% of their inventory sells for .01 cent, with one of the lowest shipping rates in the industry
- Currently holds four major distribution centers in Auburn, Portland, Detroit, and in Atlanta
- One of the largest online retailer of used books, with more than 4 million used books in their inventory
- Utilizes a signature, proprietary technology to manage massive inventories from four different shipping centers, and to assure that customers receive their orders in a timely manner
- 1st book ships for $3.95, second book thereafter ships for $3.45
- You can enjoy the lowest prices, and the best selection on used books online at: http://www.thriftbooks.com
# # #