Lynn, Mass. (PRWEB) March 16, 2009
The Jewish Funeral Directors of America (JFDA), the international association of funeral homes that assists people of the Jewish faith in arranging meaningful funerals in the Jewish tradition, recently held its 80th anniversary celebration. During the celebration, many long-time members were honored for at least 25 years of service to the JFDA and to the Jewish funeral industry.
The following JFDA members were honored for more than 25 years of membership:
- Leila Paperman, Paperman and Sons, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Robert Weil, Weil Funeral Home, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Jill Glasband, Hillside Mortuary, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Sonny Levitt, Riverside Gordon Memorial Chapels, Aventura, Fla.
The following members were honored for 40 years of membership:
- Franklin O.L. Steinberg, Sunset Chapels, Manhasset, New York
- Julian Weinstein, Goldstein's Rosenberg's Raphael-Sacks, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Richard Stein, Berger Memorial Chapel, St. Louis, Mo.
Alan Yaffe, Piser Funeral Services, Skokie, Ill., was honored for 50 years of membership and service to JFDA and the Jewish funeral industry.
For more than 60 years of membership, the following individuals were honored:
- Herbert Paperman, Paperman and Sons, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- H. Seymour Weinstein, Weinstein Garlick Kirschenbaum Funeral Chapels, Brooklyn, NY
"We are so pleased to recognize our longstanding, distinguished members who have been dedicated to advancing the Jewish funeral industry while continuing to maintain the dignity of honoring someone's life," said Mark Friedman, president, JFDA.
With 200 members across North America, JFDA has served as the authority for traditional Jewish funerals since it was established in 1928. Its educational programs, meetings and seminars enable members to adhere to the organization's Code of Conduct and maintain professional accreditations while providing comfort and dignity to the families they serve.
JFDA is headquartered in Lynn, Mass. For additional information, call 781.477.9300.
About Jewish Funeral Directors of America: The Jewish Funeral Directors of America (JFDA), http://www.jfda.org, was established in 1932 and assists people of the Jewish faith in arranging meaningful funerals in the Jewish tradition. Its mission is to guide, aid and support its members in honoring the deceased and comforting the bereaved by preserving, promoting and practicing the customs and traditions of the Jewish funeral.
# # #