Norwell, MA (PRWEB) March 17, 2009
Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc. ("Clean Harbors"), the leading provider of environmental and hazardous waste management services throughout North America, has appointed John C. Kelsey Vice President of Healthcare and Education for the U.S. and Canada. As lead on the education market he will be directing his efforts towards secondary and technical schools, as well as colleges and universities in support of instructional and research laboratories and facilities.
Mr. Kelsey's appointment focuses more business development and waste services resources on the important education market. Clean Harbors provides a number of day-to-day hazardous waste management services as well as emergency services in response to chemical and fuel spills, mercury contamination and other hazards. Clean Harbors services help educational institutions maintain compliance with regulations, minimize liability and reduce waste.
Mr. Kelsey has held several sales and operations positions of increasing levels of responsibility during his 17 years at Clean Harbors. Most recently, he was Vice President, Business Line Management and was previously Vice President, Technical Services. Mr. Kelsey holds a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering from Syracuse University, and a Masters in Environmental Management and Policy from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Mr. Kelsey is based at Clean Harbors' office in Glenmont, NY. He can be reached at 518.434.0149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discussing the education market, Mr. Kelsey said, "Chemicals, cleaners and solvents are widely used in research labs and instructional settings. With their use come risks and responsibilities. Clean Harbors has the expertise and resources to reduce those risks by safely managing and disposing of hazardous materials. We can also guide or fully manage educational institutions' daily hazardous materials responsibilities and quickly respond to emergency situations."
Hazardous Materials Management
Clean Harbors brings its comprehensive portfolio of environmental, industrial and emergency response services to education through ongoing contracts or on an as-needed basis. Clean Harbors offers Apollo Onsite Services, which places experienced, certified employees on location to support and manage environmental programs.
Clean Harbors also recently enhanced its Online Services, a web-based system to manage waste profiles and inventories in multiple storage locations, track and view manifests and invoices, and run essential reports. "In the last several months we've added significant capabilities to Clean Harbors Online Services," commented Kelsey. "New features include profile management, inventory management, paperwork printing, and reporting that enable our customers to save time, increase productivity, reduce cost, and improve compliance."
Specialized Services for Education
In addition to comprehensive hazardous waste removal and disposal services, Clean Harbors offers specialized education services that include:
- CleanPack® Laboratory Chemical Packing Services - Clean Harbors provides proper recognition, handling, packaging, transportation and disposal, as well as laboratory relocations, closures and end-of-semester/year cleanouts of chemicals for schools, colleges and universities. Clean Harbors can manage laboratory chemical cleanouts for single or multiple school districts and campuses, and for an entire state or province, offering an economical way to keep science stocks free of unwanted chemicals on a routine basis.
Materials handled include:
- RCRA (Resource Conservation & Recovery Act), and non-RCRA hazardous waste
- TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act), DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) Scheduled Materials, radioactive, mixed and universal wastes
- Pharmaceutical Wastes (RCRA and non RCRA)
- Biological and etiological wastes
- Compressed gas and cylinders
- Toxic, flammable, oxidizer, organic peroxide, and corrosive materials
- Pyrophoric, gases, aerosol, unknown, reactive, explosive, and shock sensitive materials
- Ethers, THF (tetrahydrofuran), dioxane, and sodium azide
- Emergency Response - Clean Harbors responds to small emergencies, as well as large spills and releases at schools, colleges and universities across North America. Company personnel have the expertise to evaluate circumstances and develop safe, comprehensive and cost-effective responses to a wide range of decontamination projects. Typical response scenarios include laboratory chemical spills, mercury spills, biological and infectious substances, tank overflows and leaking drums.
Clean Harbors also provides services for educational facilities management, including cleaning solutions and solvents, fuels and waste oil, transformers and electronic equipment removal and recovery. Facilities services also include:
- Boiler Cleaning - Clean Harbors uses high pressure vacuum and water blasting to thoroughly and efficiently remove ash for disposal from large heating plant boilers to increase heat transfer efficiency. Smaller boilers, such as package boilers, are carefully hand brushed and vacuumed without the use of water for quick turnaround. As a full service environmental services company, Clean Harbors also removes and disposes of the waste generated by the cleaning process.
About Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.
Clean Harbors is North America's leading provider of environmental and hazardous waste management services. With an unmatched infrastructure of waste management facilities, Clean Harbors serves over 47,000 customers, including more than 325 Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state and local governmental agencies. Clean Harbors' Technical Services provides a broad range of hazardous material management and disposal services including hazardous and non-hazardous waste recycling, treatment and disposal, CleanPack® laboratory chemical packing, and household hazardous waste management services. Clean Harbors' Site Services provides field services, industrial services, vacuum services, emergency response and disaster recovery, transformer services, tank cleaning and decontamination.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 100 locations strategically positioned throughout North America in 36 U.S. states, six Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. For more information, visit http://www.cleanharbors.com.
David N. Proud
Vice President, Marketing
Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.
Soucy Communications Group