London, UK (PRWEB) March 17, 2009
Student accommodation provider UNITE is set to open seven new properties in London as students from across the globe flock to the Capital.
Demand for quality student housing in the Capital already outstrips supply by two to one and, with London set to welcome an extra 17,000 students over the next four years, the problem is getting worse.
UNITE is aiming to bridge the gap by creating an additional 1,801 rooms in 2009. The new properties are all located in convenient, city centre locations in close proximity to London's leading universities.
New UNITE properties opening in 2009 are as follows:
- Woburn Place:19-29 Woburn Place, Bloomsbury, WC1H 9DA
- Blithehale Court: 10 Witan Street, Bethnal Green, E2 9DA
- Bartholomew Road: 111-113 Bartholomew Road, Kentish Town, NW5 2BJ
- Ferry Lane: Ferry Lane, Tottenham Hale, N17 8NA
- Quantum Court: 10 King David Lane, Shadwell, E1 0EG
- Newington Court: 2 Collins Road, Green Lanes, Islington, N5 2UF
- Elisabeth Croll House: Vernon Square, 29 Penton Rise, Kings Cross, WC1X 9EJ
A range of living options will be on offer from studios, one and two bedroom apartments to en-suite flat-shares where several rooms share a kitchen/lounge area.
Independent research* recently predicted that between 50% and 75% of university London student housing is deemed dated by modern standards. UNITE's new London apartments to rent will buck this trend by incorporating elegant interior design with modern, contemporary furniture. All will be built to UNITE's latest specifications and include modern appliances and Internet access.
UNITE's rent prices start from £185 per week and are inclusive of utility bills, Internet access and contents insurance.
Woburn Place in Bloomsbury was the first of the new properties to open in January. It will be followed by Blithehale Court, located in Bethnal Green in April.
Both properties include show flats to give students an idea of the London accommodation for students that UNITE will be providing across the Capital in time for the 2009/2010 academic year. They also offer a range of short term lets between now and the start of the next academic year. The other five properties will open in September.
UNITE Sales and Marketing Director, Nathan Goddard, comments: "Our research shows that customers are demanding high specification accommodation in central locations, especially in London which is home to around a quarter of the UK's total student population.
"Our new properties offer all the comforts students are used to at home such as flat screen TVs, internet access and contemporary furniture. We've mixed stylish living with practicality and convenience to create what we think is the best student accommodation in London. These seven new openings, along with our existing London properties, offer customers the best choice of location, room type and price."
Students can browse, organise a viewing and book rooms by visiting the Unite student accommodation website unite-students.com.
For more information contact Andrew Mitchell or Alice Bruce at Consolidated PR on unite(at)consolidatedpr .com / 020 7781 2300.
*Property Consultants King Sturge 2009
Notes to editors
About The UNITE Group Experience:
UNITE Group is the UK's leading developer and manager of student accommodation with some 36,000 customers throughout 23 key university towns and cities across England and Scotland. UNITE Group undertakes the planning, development and management of sites, often working closely with the universities and colleges, in order to deliver high quality, well-located student accommodation.
The UNITE Group provides accommodation that is specially designed for their student customers. Its on-site Management Teams ensure that modern, smart, safe and welcoming accommodation is provided and where there's a team of friendly people on hand for customers.
Recognising that all customers have different expectations and different lifestyles the UNITE Group provides a variety of options to suit customer needs, whether it be a choice of accommodation from luxury studio rooms to standard en-suite rooms. UNITE Group also offers flexible options on how to find accommodation; via the website, telephone or with its on-site Management Teams.
As well as the seven new properties opening in 2009, UNITE also has 11 other properties customers can choose from offering a wide choice or locations, room types and rent prices.
Higher Education in London:
- Higher Education plays a vital role in London's economy and is estimated that output associated with London's Universities totals over £11bn per annum, equivalent to over £45,000 for every full time student. Over 100,000 jobs in London are dependent on the function of its universities.
- The number of full-time students studying in London has increased by 19% or 40,000 students over the past five years.
- There are forty universities in London with a total of 376,000 students, of which 241,000 are full time students including over 80,000 international students, representing 25% of the UK total.
- Students in London, account for 10% of the total number living in rented accommodation in the Capital.
- Forecasters predict a further 500,000 overseas students by 2020 of which 125,000 will study in London.
- London's full-time student population is greater than all the full-time students in the next four largest student markets in the UK combined. (Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham and Leeds student housing markets).
- The City of London has the greatest number of full-time students studying in the Borough.
For more information visit: