This new version of our sunscreen--which has probably been 95% redesigned--is a classic example of how seriously we take their input. While we had no complaints about the first version, we knew that it wasn't yet fully optimized for what really happens in the field. With Version 2.0 photographers will find it even easier to process their photographs.
Santa Rosa, Calif. (PRWEB) March 19, 2009
Processing and transmitting photographs on your laptop in remote locations can be hard enough without having to fight the sun, wind, and other natural elements. Think Tank Photo has solved this problem with the Pixel Sunscreen 2.0, a small, portable spring-loaded sunscreen that instantly pops open for quick access. This completely redesigned and reengineered version of Think Tank's classic sunscreen is the result of feedback from scores of professional photographers and many months of research and development.
In listening to photographers Think Tank learned what was essential to them in a sunscreen:
- Portability - Pixel Sunscreen 2.0 folds down into a small, round, portable package that is easy to transport and instantaneous to deploy.
- Darker is better - Users can see their laptop screens in even the brightest sunlight. The overhead cover can be pulled over the sunscreen and the photographer for extra protection in extreme sunlight.
- Stand up to the wind - For extra protection in severe wind conditions, the front can be secured down.
- No slipping and sliding - In extreme conditions, especially, photographers need to know that their laptop, sunscreen, and other gear are safely secured on their laps. The Pixel Sunscreen 2.0 provides this extra security through the application of non-slip material on the outside and inside.
- An uncluttered workspace - Openings for cords and cables in the side and back route them away from the laptop, allowing laptops to sit even deeper within the shaded area. Pockets on the inside hold pens, pencils, and other accessories. It also has a movable clip for hanging printed information.
"Think Tank Photo was founded on the simple principle that photographers know best what they need," said company founder and CEO Doug Murdoch. "In essence, photographers are our marketing directors, for they provide the core information our designers integrate when conceptualizing new products and product enhancements.
"This new version of our sunscreen--which has probably been 95% redesigned--is a classic example of how seriously we take their input. While we had no complaints about the first version, we knew that it wasn't yet fully optimized for what really happens in the field. With Version 2.0 photographers will find it even easier to process their photographs."
External Dimensions When Folded Flat:
14" Round Diameter x 1" (35.5 x 2.5 cm)
External Dimensions When Set Up
14.5" W x 22" H x 19.5" D (37 x 56 x 49.5 cm)
1.2 lbs (.54 kg)