(PRWEB) March 22, 2009
UK car owners are needlessly claiming on their car insurance because they lack basic knowledge of their vehicles. According to a survey of 1,500 Swinton car insurance customers, 36% of drivers do not 'know their vehicle.' The poll found that 29% of drivers did not know how to change their tyre and a further 20% did not know their correct tyre pressure. A staggering 9% did not even know how to open their bonnet.
Swinton advises all drivers to have enough basic knowledge to:
1. Fill tyres to correct pressure
2. Change a tyre
3. Top up oil
4. Top up water
5. Replace a windscreen wiper
Steve Chelton, Insurance Development Manager at Swinton car insurance said: "The results of this survey are quite concerning. All drivers should have at least basic knowledge of their vehicles and should not rely on other people to carry out maintenance work such as filling up tyres and topping up oil.
"If drivers had a better understanding of their vehicles they probably wouldn't make so many unnecessary claims which can lead to an increase in car insurance premiums."
For more information contact Michael Travers or Anoushka Foster at Manchester PR agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770.
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates