Trait, Criteria and Situational Specificity in Personality-Job Performance Relations
Princeton, NJ (PRWEB) March 24, 2009
SHL, the global leader in talent assessment solutions, announced today that Dr. Andy Ross, chief information and technology officer, has been selected to be a distinguished panelist during a technology leaders' discussion at the 24th Annual Society of Industrial Organizational Psychology (SIOP) conference. The conference will be held Thursday, April 2 through Saturday, April 4, 2009 at the Sheraton New Orleans. Dr. Ross will impart insight from his more than 20 years' international experience in the IT and financial services industry during "Technology Leaders Discussion: Trends Impacting Industrial-Organization (I-O) Psychologists," on Friday, April 3 at 5:00 p.m.
"I'm looking forward to meeting with peers and discussing technology trends that will shape the future work of I-O psychologists. Technology is constantly evolving, bringing more innovation to HR professionals, every day. It is important for I-O psychologists to be on the cutting edge as well and understand the value that technology brings to their domain," commented Ross.
Moderating a panel at SIOP will be SHL Americas' president, Dr. Hennie Kriek. The panel discussion will be held on Saturday, April 4 at 1:30 p.m. "Best Practices vs. Legal Defensibility: How Much Validity Is Enough," will explore legal issues surrounding assessments and testing in personnel decision making.
Other SHL experts participating in the conference are:
Thursday April 2:
- Dr. Sandra Dennis, managing consultant, SHL Americas, will participate in "Sailing the Seas of Global Selection: Unique Challenges and Solutions," at 10:30 a.m.
- Dr. Dave Bartram, research director, and Anna Brown, principal research statistician, will participate in "Creating and Testing New Item Translations: Current Applied Practices" at 1:30 p.m.
- Eugene Burke, director of science and innovation, will discuss "Technology-Based Assessment in the 21st Century: Advances and Trends" during a forum at 2:00 p.m. and will be a distinguished panelist during "Practical Issues in Developing Construct-Based Situational Judgment Tests" at 3:30 p.m.
- Also at 3:30, Hannah Olsen, vice president, Professional Services, will chair "An International Symposium on Disentangling Engagement," which will include Bartram, Steven Fleck, senior research psychologist, and Ilke Inceoglu, senior research psychologist.
Friday, April 3:
- Brown will be a discussant during "Issues in Cross-Cultural Personality Assessment" at 8:30 a.m.
- Bartram will be a discussant during "Trait, Criteria and Situational Specificity in Personality-Job Performance Relations" at 3:30 p.m.
- Bartram and Brown will also exhibit "Doing Less but Getting More: Improving Forced-Choice Measures with IRT" during the poster session Friday at 3:30.
To access additional information about SIOP, visit http://www.siop.org/conferences/.
More About SHL
SHL Group, the global leader in talent assessment solutions in the workplace, supports organizations in the selection and development of people at all levels and across all sectors.
Operating in more than 50 countries and in more than 30 languages, SHL offers the world's largest portfolio of assessment tools and delivers innovative approaches to help organizations increase productivity, identify future leaders and gain a competitive advantage through improved people performance. In the last 12 months, SHL has delivered over two million objective assessments.
SHL works with thousands of organizations worldwide, including 80% of the FTSE 100 and 60% of the Fortune 500. For more information, please visit http://www.shl.com.
Note to Editors: Trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein remain the property of their respective owners.
Alana.fares (at) shlgroup.com
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.