Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 25, 2009
Basthardt, a Los Angeles based company that specializes in designing MMA sportswear, announced today that it has signed five jiu-jitsu black belts to promotional contracts during the 2009 Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championships. Basthardt recently made headlines by sponsoring UFC fighter Paulo Thiago in his first UFC fight at UFC 95 in London, England where he defeated Josh Koscheck via TKO.
The five jiu-jitsu black belts joining the Basthardt fight team include:
1. Guto Campos. A former Pan American champion and world champion. Campos also fights for the world-famous Abu Dahbi Combat Club. Campos is a former student of the world famous Rickson Gracie.
2. Roberto Godoy. Also a former Pan American champion and world champion. Godoy is also a 10-time state champion and professional MMA fighter.
3. Ricardo Arrivabene. Arrivabene is one of the most sought after BJJ instructors in the world. His extensive experience has helped him win the Pan American Championship, American National Championship, American National No Gi Championship and has also helped him become a professional MMA fighter.
4. Pedro Marocco. A Brazilian and American champion who has also won the Pacific Cup title. Marocco fights out of the world famous Sul Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Brazil.
5. Nickollas Curson. An OTM Champion and American National Champion.
The 2009 Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championships are being held March 27th, 28th and 29th in Carson, California.
Basthardt is a company that designs unique and colorful MMA sportswear for the Mixed Martial Arts community. The brand promotes the positive side of Mixed Martial Arts. The Basthardt brand is owned by C7 Brands out of Mission Viejo, California.