The face of communications has shifted dramatically. It is our belief that social media provides businesses and people the ability to connect with communities and networks as they increasingly live and work online. Our survey results indicate enormous potential for our clients to participate in the social media realm
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) March 25, 2009
Amidst all the buzz surrounding social media and popular networking sites, 6S Marketing, one of North America's largest internet marketing firms, has conducted a survey to investigate trends in social media usage. Survey results reveal an overwhelming percentage of companies & individuals who have adopted social media for business and personal use and highlight the most popular forums and mediums for communication.
"Collecting statistics on social media trends is important in ensuring that efforts made on behalf of our clients in the social media space are targeted and amplified," says Chris Breikss, Co-founder and President of 6S Marketing. "Beyond that, it was simply fascinating to gather the most up-to-date information on how and why companies & individuals alike are drawn to social media."
On the heels of recent expansion of services to include Social Media Marketing, 6S created and distributed the survey to a database of over 10,000 respondents. The survey polled companies on the purpose of their social media use, as well as the popularity of the available sites and the effectiveness of using this medium.
Survey highlights include:
- 70% of respondents say they use social media.
- Facebook is the most popular social networking site with 70% of people surveyed currently having an account.
- 47% of respondents use Twitter and the majority of users are 19 - 25 years of age.
- Only 20% of people surveyed currently use MySpace.
- YouTube & Flickr are the most popular social media sites with 38% & 29% (respectively) of people surveyed using the sites.
- 42% of respondents do not blog, while 58% do blog.
- 74% of people who blog, do so for personal purposes, 57% blog for work and 35% blog for both.
- 9% of people surveyed have hired an employee online and 22% have received a job offer online. 69% have done neither.
- 61% of businesses said they track what people are saying about their brand online.
"The face of communications has shifted dramatically. It is our belief that social media provides businesses and people the ability to connect with communities and networks as they increasingly live and work online. Our survey results indicate enormous potential for our clients to participate in the social media realm," comments Breikss.
For a more comprehensive look at the survey results, please visit the official survey results page...
About 6S Marketing
6S Marketing Inc. is recognized as one of North America's top internet marketing companies. They provide search engine marketing services aimed at increasing profits through targeted and effective online presence. 6S takes a cutting edge approach to internet marketing and since 2000, has been increasing revenues for hundreds of clients, including some of North America's most respected brands.
6S is a Google Analytics Authorized Consultant, Authorized AdWords Company, Google Website Optimizer Authorized Consultant and a Yahoo Ambassador. They operate out of the stylish Yaletown district in downtown Vancouver, Canada. For more information about 6S Marketing, visit http://www.6smarketing.com.
# # #