True to our mission, production of this report demonstrates our commitment to lead and support efforts promoting a robust nonprofit workforce that enables organizations to complete their missions.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 24, 2009
Nonprofit employers seeking free, definitive data on how the current state of the economy is affecting nonprofit employment, jobs, employers and human resource practices can now access the Opportunity Knocks Impact of the Economy on the Nonprofit Workforce Research.
Opportunity Knocks conducted research to provide the nonprofit community with an understanding of how the economy is impacting nonprofits and their employees. Respondents represented all sizes of organizations and across all subsectors.
Key findings include:
- Larger organizations report fewer layoffs vs. smaller organizations
- Positions least affected by the economy are C level Executives, operations and finance and upper level management
- More than 50% do not offer any severance pay
- Close to 60% report no effects on salaries and current major employee benefits
- Hiring freezes are most impacting administration and support, midlevel management, staff and program service delivery positions
The results of this research are brought to life beyond the data in a webinar providing real world context, perspective and recommendations with a panel discussion featuring the following sector leaders and subject matter experts:
- James Siegal, Vice President Nonprofit Sector Programs and Practice; Independent Sector
- Jan Masaoka, Editor; Blue Avocado
- Stephen A. Bauer, Director; Initiative for Nonprofit Sector Careers American Humanics
- Karen Beavor, President and CEO; Opportunity Knocks
"We have produced the Opportunity Knocks Impact of the Economy on the Nonprofit Workforce Research to help both organizations and nonprofit professionals by providing insight and points of comparison on the impact that the economy is having on nonprofits and their employees." says Karen Beavor, President and CEO of Opportunity Knocks. "True to our mission, production of this report demonstrates our commitment to lead and support efforts promoting a robust nonprofit workforce that enables organizations to complete their missions."
Full information on the report and how to access is available online here:
About Opportunity Knocks
Opportunity Knocks is the national online job site focused exclusively on the nonprofit community. For Nonprofit professionals, http://www.OpportunityKnocks.org is the premier destination to find nonprofit jobs and access valuable resources for developing successful careers in the nonprofit community. For Nonprofit Employers, http://www.OpportunityKnocks.org is the best way to find qualified candidates and receive valuable information that nonprofit organizations need when building successful recruitment, retention and human resource strategies.
Contact: Lynne Norton, Marketing Manager, Opportunity Knocks, 678-916-3066 or lnorton (at) opportunityknocks.org.