Wahaso and Atlantis Water Management to Partner in Water Harvesting Systems

Share Article

Water Harvesting Solutions (Wahaso) and Atlantis Water Management have entered into a strategic alliance to promote the recycling of rainwater and stormwater captured in the Atlantis cavern system in commercial buildings. Wahaso will provide the systems to treat and pressurize harvested water to irrigate landscaping, flush toilets and other uses. The use of harvested water conserves potable water resources and supports the "green" building trend.

We are very excited about our new relationship and the ways that both companies can support each other

Water Harvesting Solutions (http://www.Wahaso.com) announced today that it has entered into a strategic alliance with Atlantis Water Management of New South Wales, Australia (http://www.atlantiscorp.com.au). The two companies will work together to extend the Atlantis system for stormwater management to integrated harvesting systems that conserve municipal water by using captured stormwater for flushing toilets, irrigating landscaping and other uses in commercial buildings.

"We are very excited about our new relationship and the ways that both companies can support each other," commented John R. Bauer, Wahaso's President. Wahaso specializes in custom rainwater and greywater harvesting systems for commercial and institutional buildings. "Water storage is a major component of any of our harvesting systems. We explored all the current options for underground caverns and believe that the Atlantis system offers the best option for large cisterns at a competitive cost."

Atlantis's system consists of plates made from recycled polypropylene that are snapped together on -site to make D-Raintank ® modules that can be configured into a cistern of any size or shape. The excavation is lined with either a permeable textile for infiltration or an impermeable liner for storm water detention or retention and harvesting. Stormwater is pre-filtered mechanically and organically before entering the cistern. Wahaso's systems harvest the stormwater from the cistern by pumping, filtering and re-pressurizing it - most often for irrigation, but also to flush toilets or replace municipal drinking water in other non-potable applications.

"Wahaso's water harvesting expertise is a perfect complement to our systems," explained Linda Maley, Atlantis' North American Business Development Manager. "We currently see about 20% of our tanks being used for stormwater retention for harvesting. The other 80% is used in stormwater detention and release into existing storm systems or are designed for infiltration and aquifer recharge. With growing concerns about water conservation, we have seen a trend in the growing number of clients interested in utilizing the stormwater captured by our systems, particularly for green buildings seeking LEED certification. We think harvesting will become the dominant practice in the future."

Wahaso will support those Atlantis customers nationwide interested in incorporating water harvesting systems with their tanks. The company will also represent and provide customer support for the Atlantis stormwater system in northern Illinois, northern Indiana and Wisconsin.

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Visit website