San Diego, Calif. (PRWEB) March 29, 2009
Vehiclepath, a San Diego-based leader in Mobile Resource Management (MRM) announces the launch of the VP400 GPS fleet tracking device. The VP400 GPS fleet tracking device is perfect for fleets of all sizes looking to track the location of their fleet vehicles. This revolutionary new GPS device is the smallest GPS tracking device in the industry and sports a rugged automotive grade housing that is extremely durable and heat resistant, and installation of this new device is very easy and fast, as it simply plugs into the vehicles OBD port.
"The launch of the VP400 is exciting news for Vehiclepath customers. We have reduced installation time down to a few seconds, plus we are significantly minimizing installation challenges. such as misplacing or pinching the GPS antenna, as the VP400 has a hypersensitive internal antenna." said Mark Wells, President of Vehiclepath. "We are extremely excited about the new features we are launching as well. We believe these features give Vehiclepath customers a significant edge over their competitors and will continue to increase their productivity and reduce their costs."
The new features Vehiclepath is launching with the VP400 include:
- Polyfences - Polyfences allow customers to create a time-based geofence in virtually any size and shape. This makes it very easy to customize your geofences as to follow the road network.
- Odd hours alerts - Customers can be alerted if a vehicle moves at any time during odd hours. This helps eliminate unauthorized vehicle use and can speed up the recovery time for a stolen vehicle.
- Idle-time alerts (available in 30 days) - Customers can be alerted if a driver idles for an extended period of time. Excessive idling wastes gas and is a major concern for many fleet managers.
- Acceleration/deceleration alerts (available in 30 days) - Customers can be alerted on hard and extreme acceleration or deceleration events. This can help increase driver safety and reduce wear and tear on the fleet vehicles.
- RPM alerts (available in 30 days) - Customers can be alerted if a driver exceeds a preset RPM setting. This can help reduce wear and tear on the vehicle and increase driver safety.
To learn more about Vehiclepath GPS fleet tracking and try an interactive demo, visit http://www.vehiclepath.com.
San Diego-based Vehiclepath, a division of PROCON, is a leader Mobile Resource Management (MRM) which assists companies with management, location and tracking. Additional information and a live, hands-on demonstration of the tracking capabilities are available at http://www.vehiclepath.com.
Media Contact: Vehiclepath Dan Hubbard at 877-299-6544 or visit http://www.vehiclepath.com.
PROCON, headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, is one of the world's leading providers of MRM products and services. By providing a globally managed, wireless data network PROCON reduces the costs, complexities and risks associated with deploying and supporting mobile applications and connected devices. PROCON offers solutions for government, automotive, consumer, and commercial applications and currently has over 450,000 units being used throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. PROCON has over 25 industry-leading brands and offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, the United Kingdom and a software development laboratory in Thailand.
Media Contact: PROCON David Meyer at 865-694-2704 or visit http://www.proconmrm.com.
All related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Protect and Connect Inc. Protect and Connect Inc. is registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. Protect and Connect Inc. assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third party products or services.
# # #