Globally, search marketing is a $33.2 billion business, according to JP Morgan, with Europe accounting for nearly 25% of spending
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) March 26, 2009
- Marin Software, provider of the leading enterprise-class paid search management application for large advertisers and agencies, today announced its international expansion with the opening of an office in the U.K.
- The company has appointed search marketing executive Ed Stevenson, former head of U.K. operations for 24/7 Real Media, and search operations director at WPP's GroupM (LSE: WPP) as European Managing Director.
- Marin Software's European operations will be headquartered in central London with an office in Chandos Place.
- "Globally, search marketing is a $33.2 billion business, according to JP Morgan, with Europe accounting for nearly 25% of spending," said Chris Lien, CEO of Marin Software. "We are delighted to be opening for business in London, serving clients initially in the U.K. and subsequently across Europe. European brands are savvy users of search marketing, and we look forward to working with them to drive maximum value from their paid search programs."
- "Paid search is the largest and fast growing online advertising channel, but the complexity of executing it at large scale can be mind-boggling," said Ed Stevenson, European managing director of Marin Software. "Though it's hard to believe, many large search marketers in the U.K. still rely primarily on sprawling spreadsheets, or home-grown or aging first-generation programs, to manage hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds of SEM spend per month. This makes for a very labor intensive, error-prone, and expensive way to conduct business, and Marin Software's proven enterprise search management application will be a welcome relief from these antiquated business practices."
About Marin Software:
Marin Software provides an enterprise-class paid search management application for advertisers and agencies. Marin Software's "No Black Box" methodology offers serious search marketers unprecedented control and transparency over their SEM programs. Marin Search Marketer® addresses the workflow, analysis, and optimization needs of large-scale advertisers and agencies, saving time and improving financial performance. Marin is designed for those who are spending $100,000 and more monthly on paid search. Marin's has over 100 companies running on its application, including Razorfish (Nasdaq: MSFT) and ZipRealty (Nasdaq: ZIPR) and Trouve Media. Marin's clients manage over $300 million of annualized paid search spend. In October 2008, Marin won ClickZ's 2008 Marketing Excellence Award for Best Search Management Application. Marin is backed by Benchmark Capital and Amicus Capital.